How do you get over jealousy?

My best girl friend has a new boyfriend and she kept him hidden from me for a little while. I knew it would happen eventually but I'm sill a bit jealous and heart broken because I'm not longer her best guy friend. Ideas?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• You kinda have to accept it first and then kinda realize you dont really want someone who's gonna keep secret that she's with another guy. Normally when get jealous my mind becomes a robotand I tell myself I never really needed them to begin with and that I am happy all on my own (which to be honest I've become more accepting of myself and content) but honestly you sound better off without this person since they keep secrets

• I think she didn't want to tell me sooner because she knew I'd be jealous. We have a really close friendship and I think she's afraid of loosing it. That's why she didn't tell me. I'm just hurt now that's all. I don't want to leave her. We've shared so many good memories.

Most Helpful Guy

• get a girlfriend that's better than her... simple... well not so simple but shouldn't be that hard...

• Yeah that's a bit of the problem. I'm kind of in a dead zone for girls right now. In about to be a freshman in college and no one wants to date heading in because "the one" might be someone else. Lol. So I have to wait about a month lol.

• wish I could help ya... but I don't entirely understand your situation...

• Yeah it's fine. Thanks though man

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 2

• Only thing you can do. Suck it up, and wait till the pain stops.

• Find a cute girl and try to get with her