Was I right to break up with my boyfriend of 18 months?

Long story short - we have been through hell and back. We have been together for almost 18 months and I ended it three days ago. He had been hanging out with his girl coworker late at night until 4 am. He bought her ice cream, they bought and named a fish together, and he even took her on vacation with his family a day before I was supposed to be there. He lied to me many times about them not hanging out anymore because it made me uncomfortable. He lied when he told me that all he has told her about our relationship was that we 'had problems'. Why would he tell her that anyway? He lied saying she had a boyfriend (she just ended a relationship three months ago with someone). When I went to drop off movies to his sister (who also works with them) the girl was there. She just looked at me. When I left, she asked his sister 'what is Julian's ex girlfriend doing here?' What the two of them doing is so inappropriate even if he says they're just friends. He wouldn't let me see his phone or his photos on Snapchat, because she was in his photos. They went to the beach and she got to meet his family. He followed her on instagram and liked one of her mirror selfies. I removed all contact with him and he deleted photos of me on social media. I'm heartbroken. He is manipulative and has emotional problems. I've always been his number one. his life saver. But now I am betrayed and replaced. I know what this girl is up to.

26

Most Helpful Guy

• People crave variety,. He should have suggested to make your relationship an open one instead of cheating behind your back.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would you say you know what this girl is up to especially after sharing when she saw you, she wondered why his EX-girlfriend showed up so it sounds like she thought your guy was single. What the hell did she do wrong? Other than liking your shit for a boyfriend?

As for were you right, of course you were right. If a partner hides what they are doing and lies about it especially about the opposite sex, then chances are they are doing wrong. Unless of course, I am a crazy person and question everything they do and say and freak out over everything they do and say. In that case, I still do not think they should lie but I would understand it if they did.

But not about this stuff. He lied that he had a girlfriend to another girl and he lied to you that this girl he was seeing was in a relationship when she wasn't. Not good...

What Guys Said 5

• yeah he doesn't sound very trustworthy. Cheating was a matter of time

• You did the right thing. If he was devoted to you he wouldn't have got up to anything with another girl.

• tbh whatever you did was correct.
    I would do the same thing

• yes , you are right. I hope you recover from this.

• message me

What Girls Said 1

• yes. but im sure he will come running back when he is bored with her. at that point i would not take him back. pretty assy of his family to even let that go down also