Wife divorce me cause I came out as transgender. What do you think?

I still love her and wish she would stay. She said she's not a lesbian and can't be with me and filed for divorce. I always have worn women's clothes around her even when we were dating but recently I started hair removal and making friends in the trans community. And she said she can't take it anymore.
Anyway I've had a lot of guilt over it all and was just wondering if you would share your thoughts.

1. What do you think of MTF transgender people in general.

2. Can a man or women love a trans-women? Cause it seems like this is so rare.

3. Would you divorce me if you were my wife and this was the only issue for divorce?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's good she divorced you. You don't need that type of negativity in your life. (Not disrespecting your wife) but the trash took its self out.

Anyway congratulations for finding your true self!!!

What Girls Said 9

• 1. umm... nothing? I mean, you can identify as whatever gender you want I guess. It's just scary to think that if people can claim they were born in the wrong body in terms of sex, what next? Being born in the wrong body in terms of species/race?
    2. yes. It's called being pansexual.
    3. yes, I would. I'm straight meaning sexually attracted to men as a whole. I would not be attracted to a biological male who shares clothing/make-up with me, or behaves like a girl.

• I'm disappointed in her. Should appearance really be an issue if you love someone for who they are? Don't be afraid to change if it makes you feel better, there's nothing weird and unacceptable about it. Somebody will love you inside and out, no matter how rare it is - it's true and you deserve it.

• 1. I treat them with respect like how I treat other people. I have no problems with them.
    2. Yes people can love someone who is transgender
    3. No, I would not

• Good for her. I'd divorce you too.

• 1) I have no problem with any kind of trans people in general. At most I'll think that female looks very manly, but I'll treat them well if they treat me well.
    2) I think they can. Some people fall in love due to a connection
    3) personally I would because I signed up to have a husbsnd, not a wife.

• 1) in general, I don't have a problem with transgender people.
    2) I'm sure there is someone out there for everyone.
    3) Yes I would. I married a man, Im not attracted to women, so I would leave immediately.

• "We" simply wouldn't have been together in the first place.

• she is right

• 1. Don't like trans
    2. Yes. Many people would date a trans person.
    3. Yes I would divorce

• What don't you like about trans people. I'm just curious so I can try and understand...

What Guys Said 13

• 1. I think of them as human beings. The same as any other person. Makes no difference to me in the slightest
    2. Of course, millions do. Some don't and those are the instances that stand out.
    3. No, if I loved someone, I don't believe I could divorce someone. Though, I haven't been in this specific position so I can't answer 100% accurately.
    I'm sorry your wife divorced you, but you'll move on eventually.

• See, the more you valued your desire or decision to be a trans kindly give your wife the same level of decisive power for her desire.
    You did what you wanted to and now don't expect (respect) your wife's decision. Why?
    Now come to your questions ;
    1. Totally personal matter. We are living in 21st century where I feel one should have the liberty to do what he/she wants to irrespective of their gender identity, caste, creed, region, religion etc. (keep it in mind not to harm anyone)
    2. Yes, there are so many examples. Search in Google or watch at YouTube you will find a lot people. So you are not the only piece coming from pluto or farthest 😂.
    3. Can't say... Depends on our relationship n how better we understand each other.
    At last I just suggest you to kindly respect her decision and do what you can for the betterment of her.

• With some, if you come out as trans after, and this is only an example here, 15-20 years of marriage, they may feel like those years of their life have been a lie. Yes, some will love and support you unconditionally, and many more would not. Then there are some who would divorce you, but had they known, going into the relationship, that you were trans, they'd probably have been more accepting and willing to move forward with the relationship. Some people in that situation may feel betrayed by their coming-out spouse, especially if children are involved. In closing, there's nothing wrong with you, coming out, or even how you went about doing it. I hope things improve for you in the near future!

• You're lucky I'dve killed you

• Can I know for how long you have kept to gath

• I knew I was trans at age 4

• Oh, Total time is more than 5 years.
      I think she likes you at the beginning but after that she tried or cheated you into another relationships, and that let her change her mood to real sexual relationship with men.

• Could be. I don't know if she's cheated but I know she's secretly into porn and searches everything opposite of me. Super hairy manly men etc. so you maybe right spot on.

• 1. I don't dislike transgender people, but I disagree with cultural acceptance of it.
    you certainly have my sympathy

2. of course they can. but it's not easy

3. yes if my SO starting something like that I'd be gone and angry about it too

• I would divorce you if u hadn't told me and we were married and I didn't know u we're trans, it'd be like being married to a stranger.

• That's basically what she said verbatim

• Couldn't agree more!

• I still think you would have to respect his rules if he made them, but that's why I wouldn't shit on anyone else's lifestyle. I picked mine because I decided it's the best one but thats my opinion

• Can you blame her you choose untill now to tell her... that's something someone should know prior to the first date... lol

• Smh.. Did you cheat on her?

• It's understandable, even if she loves you she married a man, you can't force her to accept you

• That's not for me so I would divorce you too.

• I would've done that same in a heartbeat

• She still wants to be with a man so now you're changing that so yeah I could understand her wanting to leave