I keep creating scenarios in my head😓How can I make it stop?

After my recent break up, I can't help but think my boyfriend wasn't loyal. I keep thinking up scenarios which aren't true and thinking the worst.
Can anyone who's an other thinker help? 😓

24

Most Helpful Guy

• You can fight your own irrational mind. I'm sure that you already do but perhaps your only mistake is expecting it to make a difference overnight. Challenge these invasive thoughts, redirect them to more positive thoughts. Remind yourself of the futility of trying to guess at things that you can't possibly know. Avoid letting yourself look at the past with rose tinted spectacles on. Nothing is perfect and certainly when it's a relationship that's ended because it wouldn't have ended if it was perfect.

You are trying to find closure and you probably wish that he was the one giving it to you. Unfortunately that is an uncommon luxury so you have to find your own closure. Accept that mistakes might have been made on both sides. Be proud of what you did right, forgive what you did wrong and let go of what you can't know and can't change.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm doing the same thing girl... try to keep busy but even then I still think of scenarios that will never happen. I think the only way it will truly end is when I start talking to other guys and start making up scenarios about them lol

What Guys Said 3

• You can't. I also "overthink" things. The only way to stop it is to get a proof related to those certain things.

• kill urself... beware u can only do it once

• just keep in mind every person is different I'm sure there's a lot of girls out there that cheat on their partners but does that mean u have to be labeled as a cheating girlfriend too?

What Girls Said 1

• Distract yourself. Keep busy.