Why do people like to be pretend once someone a ex they are no longer attractive to them?

If i had a dollor for everytime a girl said she no longer find a ex attractive or that once a ex is a ex they are no longer attractive to them. I bet ill have almost $5000 why do girls& guys lie? I known people who have said this then fucked their ex years later some evem days later.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes, when you break up with a guy because he's done something bad, he becomes ugly. To lots of people, somebody hot who has a disgusting side to their personality, you start seeing it in their face and they start looking ugly.
    Also, in a relationship, lots of people are looking at things with rose tinted glasses, thinking it's better than it is. When they leave and take those glasses off, you suddenly notice how wonky their nose is, or how their eyes are so close together or whatever it is

What Girls Said 2

• I don't find my exes less attractive because they're my exes but if you're in love and obsessed with someone they automatically become the most beautiful person you've ever seen, so when that love goes away, that feeling goes away too, but in my case that doesn't mean I don't think they look nice, but that kind of attraction is gone

• because they aren't... s/hes not expect for no reason

What Guys Said 2

• It's the other way around. They break up because there's no attraction

• Cognitive dissonance