Why do I keep hoping for him to come back?

My ex broke up with me 11 days ago. I was going through severe depression and was frustrated with the outcome of my life career-wise. I was pessimistic and I looked down on myself. I didn't believe that I had potential and abilities to perform tasks. I was insecure and kept clinging to the past hoping what I could've done. He was always there for me. Always giving me proper advice on what to do, but I don't know why I was so stubborn to take them. He tried lifting me up by complimenting and believing in me. But I was so freaking stubborn. He was the only person I told what i was going through. I refused to talk to family or friends fearing of rejection, disappointment or insults. It kept going that way for several weeks until I reached the peak of my depression and I said horrible things to him. Like he was the wrong person to confide with, he was toxic and even told him how I wish I was the one who died not my brother because I was feeling hopeless and useless. After that, he said over text, "Let's just break-up. You're too negative for me." After that, he refused to talk, text or pick-up my calls. He even refuses to see me and blocked my number. But he didn't block me in Line. Last 2 days ago I dropped him a message through Line and asked for a chance to fix us. He said there's no chance ad that he has to move forward alone. When I asked him if he truly doesn't love me anymore, he said he didn't and that I am not worth it anymore. We've been together 7 years and 6 months. I feel devastated that I he denied me of a chance to fix our relationship. :( Though it's over, why do I still hope for him to come back? :( I hate this. I can't eat or sleep well. What should I do?

20

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• You should talk to someone about all of it, including your insecurities, like a therapist because, trust me, from now on the path will just get harder and the sooner you accept other people's help the sooner you'll start moving on. You should also just apologize to him but don't hope he comes back maybe he needs space and you need to start finding the confidence and positivity in yourself.

• I speak from experience

• Thank you for your advice. I actually voiced my frustrations and problems to my friends and family. I laid it all out on the table. And it helped me quite a lot. I was able to clear my mind and reached a sound decision on what t do with my life. I am no longer confused. The only problem is the break-up. :( It's really painful because he refuses to give me a chance to fix our relationship.

• I'm sorry :( that's hard