Why do I keep hoping for him to come back?

My ex broke up with me 11 days ago. I was going through severe depression and was frustrated with the outcome of my life career-wise. I was pessimistic and I looked down on myself. I didn't believe that I had potential and abilities to perform tasks. I was insecure and kept clinging to the past hoping what I could've done. He was always there for me. Always giving me proper advice on what to do, but I don't know why I was so stubborn to take them. He tried lifting me up by complimenting and believing in me. But I was so freaking stubborn. He was the only person I told what i was going through. I refused to talk to family or friends fearing of rejection, disappointment or insults. It kept going that way for several weeks until I reached the peak of my depression and I said horrible things to him. Like he was the wrong person to confide with, he was toxic and even told him how I wish I was the one who died not my brother because I was feeling hopeless and useless. After that, he said over text, "Let's just break-up. You're too negative for me." After that, he refused to talk, text or pick-up my calls. He even refuses to see me and blocked my number. But he didn't block me in Line. Last 2 days ago I dropped him a message through Line and asked for a chance to fix us. He said there's no chance ad that he has to move forward alone. When I asked him if he truly doesn't love me anymore, he said he didn't and that I am not worth it anymore. We've been together 7 years and 6 months. I feel devastated that I he denied me of a chance to fix our relationship. :( Though it's over, why do I still hope for him to come back? :( I hate this. I can't eat or sleep well. What should I do?
Why do I keep hoping for him to come back?
Add Opinion