How would you want to be dumped?

I know, no one really wants to be dumped. But if it was inevitable how would you want it to happen?

327

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd want her to be like "I'm breaking up with you but here, have this super hot replacement who's far superior to me in every way"

Most Helpful Girl

• I really don't want to get dumped by my s. o. but if he did, I'd probably prefer it either via text and/or video call. Text, only because he'd not be able to see or hear me breakdown crying. I wouldn't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing just much he has affected me. But at the same time video calling would be ideal because I'd want to see him as he actually says it then I could put the phone down quickly so he'd never see me breakdown and crumble into a mess. Plus, given how seriously I feel about him (I believe he is "the one"), I'd probably end up begging for him to give us another chance which isn't ever a pleasant sight.

Definitely not in person though because he'd see and hear me breakdown. Plus, when I feel upset, a hug from him is soothing and comforting so knowing he'd caused me to feel this way and I could no longer have him comfort me, I'd feel sick to my stomach.

• Thank you for choosing me as the most helpful girl!

What Guys Said 26

• So, I recently went through the single most clean break up I ever had..
    We were together for over a year. I did (and still do) love her. We just weren't... working anymore. I tried and tried but we just werent getting things to be better. So we were straight forward at the end:
    "Babe, do you think this will be any better?"
    "No. I just see us hurting each other at this rate."
    "Do you think we could be haply as friends?"
    "Yea, I do."
    "Then,... let's give friends a shot."

Will I say this choice made me happy? No. I... hurt really badly from it. But she's happier.

• In person with full on eye contact.

• Perhaps a diplomatic, face-to-face conversation of our personal and shared qualms with the relationship, no hard feelings, and talk of future friendship.

• I was once told by a woman that "I don't see myself as *The One* for you..."
    Really darl, even though you've only known me for a couple of months and one face-to-face date, YOU know me better than I know myself...

• with a break up treat given by my girlfriend lol.😋😂

• with breakup sex.

• Like someone who just drank a laxative and dumped a chocolate fountain

• just say
    i love someone else and move on

• oh goodness, no one once to be dumped. i don't think there is a good way to do it at all

• with absolute truth. no need to raise voices or whatever just tell me the truth and we can both move on.

• in person for one and truth as to why

• Honestly the thing that numb the pain wouldbbe sex.

• I will not survive another dumping in my life.

• easy i never get in serious relationships no way to dump me

• friendly

• Into a toilet bowl

• directly. ... face to my belly

• She has to offer me to be her fuck buddy if she wanna dump me.

• I wo nt like this situation. That is give pain to me.

• while drunk or high

• I want

• Out of a dump truck

• Face to face with nothing left unsaid.

• I'd like the respect of whatever my worth is measured as to be enough to warrant a dismissal. Rather than discarded and morphed into a creature worthy of pity. Instead of my last remnants of pride agonizing over doing things I'd never consider doing while dying inside.
      I'd like to be broken up with in a civil manner over at least a conversation.
      Ugh that's kinda dark...

• after breakup sex 😋 😎

• Like a sack of potatoes.

• I would want her to fix me up with one of her friends and tell me that she thinks this girl would be more compatible for me in the long run.

What Girls Said 2

• but I don't wanna be dumped :(

• Fast..