Why can't I get myself to believe I'm in a abusive relationship?

I'm just venting here and would like some advice and support please..
My husband and I have been married for almost 2 years now. He kind of pressured it on me to marry him after dating him for 2 weeks. I'm 20 and he's 39. Well soon after we got married I got pregnant with my daughter. During my pregnancy he would get drunk almost every night and smoke pot. He would get mad at me over the stupidest things. He would constantly talk about his ex that he recently broken up with and he would scream and yell at me and break things because he was mad. But him doing this was my fault, so he says. If I didn't want to have sex with him he would cuss me out. He would say I'm a bitch and I don't love him. I wasn't allowed to visit my mom who lived in FL because he was scared I wouldn't come back. One time I did go down there without his permission and he threatened to kill my mom and etc. He even said he's gonna put a warrent out on me because I'm kidnapping his child ( I was still pregnant at the time ). I stayed a week with my mom and I went back to him. He promised me he would stop drinking and he would treat me better... I came back to lies. He was sober for a week than went back to the same shit. One time I had enough and wanted to leave so I tried to pack some clothes. He broke my drawer and took my phone from me. Even on my birthday he cussed me out because I went to the back of the line at a fast food restaurant instead of taking the short way back there. On my second birthday ( he was sober ) he kicked the bedroom
door in ( which was unlocked ) because I was running my mouth. When my daughter was born ( I had a C - Section ) I had to take care of her without any help. Now I'm pregnant with my son and I have to do everything by myself. I'm planning on leaving him next week. But I'm terrified. He knows where my mother lives and I just feel like he's gonna try to hurt us. But on the other hand I feel guilty for leaving him by himself. Help..

31

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a horrible and horrifying situation. Don't feel bad for leaving him on his own. I hope it goes well.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should stop right now right here feeling sorry for him because he certainly isn't feeling any type of emotions for you. You have two kids girl you're way too young to be living like this. You should pack and go. Be brave, and keep in mind you can't terrify someone that isn't afraid of you! Fake being brave, thing about your daughter the example your giving her. Think about the baby that is coming do you want him to grow up with the image of an abusive man and a weak mother? You don't. You should let him know that he can see the babies whenever he wants to but he lost his spot in your life because of the way you chose to treat you and that has nothing to do with you. He's unhappy and for that he should only blame himself. You're enough and you deserve better so pack and please go find peace of mind with your children

• Thank you so much and I'm going to try to get full custody because he said if I ever leave him he will take the kids and run off..

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• Do not feel guilty for leaving him alone. He is trash and he deserves it. And you need to do what's best for your babies. Go ahead and get the paperwork in for full custody ASAP.

• It's hard to accept that you're in an abusive relationship but it's something that must be done. You're doing the right thing by leaving him. Don't feel sorry for him and don't feel guilty. If he wants to be abusive to his wife then he deserves to be alone. Let people know you plan on leaving him. Your mom, your friends, anyone. If you feel the need to contact the police and tell them about your concerns. Think of yourself and your two kids. You all deserve so much better.