Guys, Should I let him go?

Hi guys!

I desperately need a man's opinion on this since my girlfriends get me more confused. I've been dating my guy for a year and a half. I love him and see a future with him. I feel a strong connection. I'm older than him though which puts us in different places. I'm 31 and he's 25! He's a mature 25 and often times acts older than me and looks older, as well. He's just starting out in his career and has mentioned he doesn't feel financially secure enough to even think of marriage or kids or anything. He'll say I love you but he's taking it really slow. I've mentioned maybe living together and he gets weird. He's like I don't feel like we've been dating that long and can't see a future with you right now. He's like I love you, I have fun with you, and I enjoy your company but I can't see that far ahead. Is that a warning sign? Or should I calm down about marriage and just play it cool and let him grow up more and enjoy our time together now? If a guy can't see you in the future cause he can't see that far ahead after a year and a half of dating what do you guys think? I'm so confused and SO in love!

8

Most Helpful Guy

• Calm down and wait, the guy is just trying to get his life sorted out before hopping into something huge like kids or marriage.

What Guys Said 7

• It really depends on your timeline for marriage and how flexible it can be. Only you, and you alone can really answer that.

• you should follow what you want, if you're ok with waiting for him, then go on, he is young and it's early to think in marriage and things like that...

• a year and s half really isn't that long if you talking about marriage and kids. Just enjoy what you have. If he says the same thing at the 2 year mark then might wanna figure out where you both stand on each others expectations

• u shld calm down for sometime. but it sounded like he is interested in spending funtime wid u. but doesn't look like he is having a thought of marrying u. give a thought about him peacefully.

• calm down. my sister is with his boyfriend now engaged and they were together since 5 to 6 years.

• you should calm down. where did he say anything wrong? women really need to learn to accept that if a guy is with them he is with them. there's always some need to show proof of commitment. You're in a relationship he is actively and willingly spending time with you. it's enough. marriage is a piece of paper not a sign of a good relationship

• how were you thinking at age 25

• I've thought about that too. I think if I met a guy I was sure about I wouldn't have minded to marry but it definitely wasn't something I was thinking about. At 25 I was just finishing my masters. I guess it's the age thing. I need to just let him grow up and be supportive. It's so hard cause he's the only one I can see myself with but I feel constantly bombarded by comments at work about my age and why I'm not married and when is he going to commit, and I do think maybe that's freaking me out. 😪

• tell them to mind their own business