Daddy Problems... Opinions, Advice?

I have a 6 year old daughter and she is a sweet smart little girl. She likes to push buttons. She is now a big sister to her sister who is 15 months old. She is great with her, but she is her half sister. My oldest father and me didn't work out or plenty of reasons, so I left it's been about 5 1/2 years now since us being together. He has been in and out of relationships and has brought women in and out of my daughters life. He lies to her and blames it on me, there is no discipline and when things get hard he brings her home to me and my fiancé. And we have to deal with the fits and anger of her getting dropped off while it bein his time. She told me that it is okay for himm to lie to her but not okay for me. She always told me that he cheated on his last girlfriend with his current one and she thinks that is okay. She tells me she doesn't want to live with me and my fiancé, and she doesn't want me to be her mom she would rather have it be his new girlfriend. She says we don't spend no time with her and all we care about is her sister but she is smaller and needs more attention. I don't know what to do. Oh and by the way she is attending counseling. Any thoughts/Advice?
Sincerely one hurt mom 

12

What Guys Said 2

• wow that is rough, it can be because of the split and that he is someway manipulating her, but keep going she needs her really mom not a fake one. Have you tried to make her understand that her younger sister need the attention just like she did at her age?

• Yes, we have tried that and I've showed her pictures... but she doesn't see it that way. I know he is very manipulating because he was with me so I wouldn't put it past him. 🤦🏽‍♀️

• never put anything past someone like that, its gonna be a tough road but you need to keep focused and maybe try and include her where possible in helping care for her sister?

• Thank you! We do we give her a sense of feeling responsibility whether it being her chores, helping with sister or picking what activities we do as a family or what we make for dinner. Hopefully things get easier, especially when my fiancé and myself both receive our degrees and have more disposable income, and can do more fun filled activities with our girls.

• Even if you stayed together, when a new baby comes it is common for the older kids to get jealous and mad, so you should expect that some.
    Usually when parents split up, one or the other lies and tries to turn the kids against the other parent. It is a crappy situation and is common.

All I can suggest is trying to be nice to her and give her attention when she is there, but you really can't control the crappy things your ex says when she is with him.

• Yes... I don't talk to him unless it's about Angelia and me telling him how he acts has never done any good so I stoped that a while back ago. Thank you I will keep that in mind!

What Girls Said 1

• Are you sure he even needs to be in her life? It sounds so toxic

• I am going back to court when I have enough evidence to show the judge it is a constant routine. I have full leagal custody of her but we share 50/50 physical. It is very toxic. I'm at a list of what to do.