Was it wrong of me to say this?

My boyfriend of 9 months dumped me three weeks ago because he said he wasn't ready for a serious relationship, that we were too different, that he had a gut feeling we should end it, and that he didn't see a future with me :( During our relationship we argued a lot but he always reassured me that he loved me so much, that he was afraid of losing me, and that he would never break up with me. And then he did. When we broke up he said it'd be best if we didn't contact each other and I sent him a message a day later apologizing for the things I felt I needed to apologize for, told him it broke my heart that he'd made this decision, but that I still cared about him and loved him. After that, I started the no contact method and he didn't contact me at all. Not even to wish me a happy birthday. A few days after, he texted me to ask me if I'd gotten my period and we started talking and rekindling a bit. I knew I still loved him. I wanted to be with him again. And I told him this. But he said that he needed time to think because he wasn't sure what he wanted and wasn't sure if it was a good idea to get together. I agreed to wait for him and throughout those next few days we hung out a few times, kissed, hugged, cuddled, all that. Then when we started talking seriously about it again he started to say that he was still unsure and felt it was unfair to me and that I deserved someone better. And I told him:
"Ido. I do deserve better. I'm not a perfect person but I feel like I do. I deserve someone who loves me enough to never even think about letting me go. I deserve someone who isn't unsure about whether or not he wants me in his life. Someone who's proud to have me and appreciates me and loves me the same way I loved you. I just hoped you would be that person, but I understand now that it can't be. So I guess this is goodbye..."
think it was kinda mean? I don't know...

33

Most Helpful Guy

• I can understand what you are going through.
    But remember time is a great healer.
    Let him go and if he really loves you... He'll be back... If not then you are saved from a heartbroken relationship which if not happen earlier might give more pain later.
    "Not everyone gets everything, sometimes you cry to be on land,
    Sometimes sky is not in your hand"
    Stay happy stay calm
    Have strength God Bless.

Most Helpful Girl

• It wasn't mean. Look, we have to speak from a place of honesty - if we try to be nice all the time - it's fake and its lying. He shouldn't be playing games with your heart and you recognized that you need someone better who will love you unconditionally. Good for you girl.

What Guys Said 2

• No man should have to think if he wants to be with you or not. A man knows what he wants. Why waste your time on this guy when there is so many other guys waiting for that right girl to come along aka YOU

• its for the better. his fault for being a wuss. but if what you said snapped him back to reality and want to have another chance, i wouldn't say don't give him one

What Girls Said 2

• What you did is just right. Dont feel sorry for saving yourself some heartache. There are people who doesn't appreciate the beautiful things until its gone. And maybe what you did will soon make him realised what he really wanted.

• Everything you said was true