Does "They're an ex for a reason" always apply??

Lets say your with a girl and the chemistry and attraction was undeniable but then broke up for geographical reasons, but now this girl out of the blue tells you she's going to be living in your city for school, would you want to have a relationship with her again? I know a lot guys say, " they're an ex for a reason, but does it always apply?

63

Most Helpful Girl

• it really depends on reason. I have dated guys over and always come to realize why I broke up with them the first time. if it was a mistake to break up with the, no. but you really don't know til you try.

What Guys Said 3

• It depends on what the "reasons" are. When a break up happens, it's not just out of the blue for one of the two people, it was thought about, pre planned, and the pros and cons were weighed out. The "reason" in this case was the both of you lived too far away to have a relationship together. It's not like there was foul play or cheating. As long as both of you are single at this point and the chemisrty is still there, give it a chance. You got nothing to lose...

• My girlfriend and I are thinking of getting back also because il be moving to her city...idk how it will turn out, hopefully it will work....

• No sometimes the timing just isn't right. and it could have nothing to do with the people involved in the relationship.

• I agree with the guy who posted before me. I'm going through a similar thing, started seeing a girl last summer then she left the country for a few months, we broke up because the distance got difficult to deal with and now she's back and I want a relationship again because I felt we were screwed over by bad timing.

We were crazy about each other though, completely undeniable chemistry and attraction. We would have issues because they showed up during the break up time period and right when she got back but they're not insurmountable. I say go for it if it's something you really want.

What Girls Said 5

• If the only reason you broke up was because you lived too far away, then sure you could get back together if you lived closer.

• Maybe, maybe not. I did end up getting back with an ex a couple of times - not hooking up, I'm talking a relationship. Ever time we ended it because we just grew apart. The last time we got back together we even lived in different states. Long distance relationship can work if the relationship is good, strong and fulfilling. I say you sit back and think about why you guys ended it to begin with. Geographical reasons don't really cut it. There was something about the relationship that just wasn't there, thus making a long distance thing out of the question.

• For me it sure did, we broke up 5 times over the course of 10 years.. nothing changed ,nothing has gotten better.

• If you are interested in her and the chemistry is there then why not?! It didn't work the first time around for valid reasons, and now that you are both in the same city and if you both have feelings for one another then definitely give it a shot! Spend some time with her again and get to know one another in this new situation...if the feelings are there I say go for it!

• It doesn't apply if it's a mutual breakup