Does sex with other people help when you are having a heartbreak?

• Yes
  • No
  • Results
    Vote C

917

Most Helpful Girl

• No man, it makes it worse after

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes! If I hadn't done it i might have done worse. It was my last shred of self esteem that allowed me to feel enough worth for myself to start the process of recovery. I highly recommend it. Lets say you break up and you didn't channel your emotions through sex. It would be worse cause youd think that you are so ugly. For me it felt good to know that a woman was willing to give herself to me and orgasm because of me.

people say sleeping around or friends with benefits should not be done? Bullshit. Get yourself a fuck buddy. Set clear terms. Be open and honest. Have pleasure before you die. And let healing workout over time. Unless you're a monk, dont suffer through life. Have sex with a person you want. Be safe. Outside of sex find and discover yourself in the meantime.

What Girls Said 8

• No it's just rebounding and trying to escape the pain so it doesn't really help. That person will still be on your mind and the pain will still be there afterwards.

• I believe it helps for a short amount of time. It's not a permanent fix. It may make things more complicated.

• It may help in the short term to boost your ego, but I feel like it will just make you feel guilty, especially if you've been using someone for it who really has feelings for you. In most cases it makes things even more messy in the long run.

• Honestly, that entirely depends on how you approach it. Personally I have the rule that I do not ever sleep with anyone if there is any ambiguity about the type of situation we're in. Additionally, as a personal opinion, I'd never sleep with anyone whom has feelings for me to a degree that I can not give back. It's not fair to both people.

But that entirely depends on the situation.

• @Savreth Of course :) I guess if it's with someone who freely agreed to it and it's really 'just sex' then it's fine. But I don't really think it helps you get over anyone

• In my experience it just leads to more heartbreak and in some cases confusing emotions.

• it won't help

• I'm not sure as I've never tried it, but gaining feelings for someone else sure does!

• Nope. It just momentary fills that void. but at the end of the day you're still heartbroken.
    --from personal experience

• I don't have sex but I date and that helps a lot

• it will be perfecr if you wait till the mariage then have sex but you can date

What Guys Said 16

• No it does not, but most people don't know what else to do. You have to get back to living your life. But just sleeping with someone new in order to feel better does not work. That's not how you actually get over someone. Because if you're doing it to get over them, then it's still about them rather than what you want.

• I tried a ONS once and it made things even worse.

Heartbreaker shattered my heart into small shards, then that ONS came along and scattered the pieces all over the place.

• While it may temporarily distract you or give you some sort of ego boost, in the long run it really won't make things any better and you'll probably be even worse off than before.

• No. Its important to have some self respect.

• The 'no' people are winning out.
    Doing someone else just isn't going to fill the void left by the heartbreak.

• Yeah, I'm sure getting an STD will take your mind off other problems!

• I wouldn't know. I always distance myself from things like that when getting over a relationship.

• no. you'll still be thinking of the heartbreak. only way to heal is to focus on things that bring you Joy and fill it with new and exciting experiences.

• I donk think so because you are trading an emotional experience for a physical. The emotional heartbreak will still be there no matter how many people you have sex with.

• Yes, it reminds you that you are still attractive and desirable.

• I can only imagine. It would definitely take the pain away based on how I know masturbation is.

• Maybe just if he/she was a whore withyou, and you are fucking his best friend just for destroying her/his life.

It's not recommended, but's an option.

• No..

• Only if I have sex with freakish whores.

• nope. but it does help with stress.

• not very likely