How to keep a love?

I'm only 16 but I swear I found the love of my life. he's everything I've ever dreamed of... only problem is he's 24. we were together for a year, towards the end I really panicked that things weren't going to work between us and started arguing with him a lot. it was a mutual break up but I miss him so much. he's still my absolute best friend and I talk to him a lot. I'm hoping for things to work out when I turn 18 or older but I don't know if he'll still be in love with me, I have hope because we are close family friends and share a lot in common as well as a rare bond. what can I do?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• How do you know he's the love of your life?

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl I thought the same thing but really, your mind set is not at a 24 years thinking. Best is to date someone at your age... but don't think about eternal love.. it's only temporary until your old and get married. Your only going to get hurt if you continue this. The argument means it's about to end

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 2

• Pray about it to God, seriously it's possible with him :)

• this is true! please keep me in your prayers as well 😊

• I appreciate that so much!!! 😊 hopefully it all works out

• No problem! :) God knows what's best for you, we'll see :)

• Yeah, I had one of those guys. We stayed together, got married. It was an unmitigated disaster with a Jerry Springer ending.

Move on.

• LOL. why did it end?

• Because 24 year old men who date 16 year olds are emotionally stunted and make bad long term partners.