Has someone ever broken up with you, and later you realize that it was a good thing?

My ex broke up with me 6 months ago and I've since come to realize that it's a good thing she did because our personalities didn't click as well as I thought and I also was blinded by this side of her I didn't like.

167

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm.. Well my ex dumped me and now in this relationship I noticed I have extreme anxiety and it caused a lot of fights with my ex but a good thing? I don't know he was a great guy I can't think of anything I didn't like about him. My current boyfriend is basically Satan so I think about my ex a lot now. I don't miss him I just realize what I lost.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup, it is like that a lot of the time. But it is not an excuse for future relationships to toss them by the way side. As long as the other partner is willing to improve then by all means you can too.

What Girls Said 15

• Yes. When my ex first broke up with me I was devastated, and I spend almost a year trying to get him back. But now, I'm super glad that we broke up.

• Yes. My ex broke up with me after dating for 5 months and he wasn't ready to be exclusive and I wanted to be. At the time I was devastated and so sad. But if I stayed with him, I would never have met my boyfriend. It was all for the best.

• Of course. God removes things that shouldn't be in your life anymore cause it ain't good for you like it was before.

• Yes, I think after the breakup things aren't clouded anymore and I can think back on things. Most of the time when I think back I wonder why I accepted so many things I usually wouldn't. At the end of the day I realize that I'm settling.

• yes. i was in a relationship for 7 years. broke up 11 months ago. im glad it ended because to tolerate that for the rest of my life would be dreadful.

• yes. guys suck. except for sometimes they don't. You're gonna find a dude that'll totally click with you

• I'm hoping I find a chick haha not a dude but I understand your point :)

• Yeah

• Well I Guess You Got Lucky With This Wun :)

• Yes. When my ex dumped me (because unfortunately he did, not me) my reply was About time brah :)

• YES my ex boyfriend is literal garbage now. He was so shitty to me before we broke up and blamed me for everything that was wrong. He was also awful in bed and a year younger than me.

• definitely, sometimes the person you're with can hold you back from being happy more than you realise at the time

• Oh my yes. There was a boy who was with me to only show off at a party. And then three days later some kind of a blondie mails me how he is breaking up with me and i felt so bad cuz i found that its true. But it was super because now im not with him.

• Yep.

• Yes I guess so. Or maybe that if they resorted to breaking up, things were obviously not going as well as I made myself believe and so I start to think maybe it was a good thing

• yeah my ex broke up with me if he didn't i was going to tell him

What Guys Said 6

• It depends on the people really. You can tell if it was bad or good just solely on if they still want anything to do with you after the relationship ends.

• Yes my first ex-girlfriend broke up with me than several days later
    mentioned about us getting back together well just so be that it
    never happened.

• I found out she was a hoe after she broke up. already in a relationship before even breaking up with me.

• Just about every time

• Yeah but I broke up with her because she acted like we weren't together and she flirted with guys

• I'm always the one who breaks up with her