How do you move on from someone you really love?

the guy I used to date is moving on, I know it's what's best for him. It makes me happy that he's enjoying life. I just don't know that I want him to... i know it's selfish, I just know once he's moved on he's gone and he's never coming back. I don't want to lose him, and I feel our freondship is gonna disappear once he moves on. ugh I just don't know.

72

Most Helpful Guy

• In essence, it is hard. Time heals all wounds and all that but being with someone you love is also giving apart of yourself.
    Everything will go on and move forward. Everyone learns to love again, it's just when you hurt just a little less

Most Helpful Girl

• You have already lost him in the you will never be the most important person in his life type way. Even if the friendship disappears, do remember that you have made an impact on his life and that will never be changed.

You move on. Look at it as, you loved him that means you are capable of love and of loving someone else. There isn't just 'one' person for you out there, there are multiple people with whom you could be compatible with, it's really a matter if you and that person manage to work out the problems together. You really should do no contact, it greatly helps in that moving on process.

What Guys Said 1

• listening songs / meeting new people (hopefully find a new guy) / find a new hobby.
    these are some things that helped me hope they might be of some help to you :D

What Girls Said 6

• I give you credit for your unselfishness but why is it best for him to break up with you?

• I mean he seems happy now. way more than he was with me. it's why I feel he's better off without me

• You need to assume the friendship is gone and focus your attentions elsewhere. Get your body, mind and soul so busy there's no room in your head to think about him. it helps if you do something that makes you feel better about yourself too.

• very true. I'll try my best to focus on better things.
      thanks :)

• You move on with time and after you have closure. You move on when you actually try to move on and stop lingering. You move on when you see a light at the end of the tunnel and think there's something much better for me out there

• The cure is to not care

• its hard for sure. breakups ain't easy. takes time

• You meet someone else to love

• Keep yourself as busy as you can and don't allow yourself time to think about him. I'm going through the same thing and it sucks but we'll get there, good luck