My now ex said he isn't ready for a relationship because of uni starting this fall. Is it me or is he really just not ready?

So my ex and I dated for about two months. We weren't "Facebook official" but were exclusively seeing each other and doing couple things often (like dates and such). About a month ago, I became emotional and asked him if he wanted to be in a relationship with me because I loved him. He thought about it for a few days and said he wanted to just remain friends. I haven't heard from him much since then, but he has social anxiety and doesn't communicate with anyone much plus I've been studying abroad. I miss him, and I'd like to think one day we can be in a relationship, but I just don't know.
1
0