First step to do after a break up?

so what's the first thing to do to move on from a relationship?

233

Most Helpful Girl

• Let go of any hope that your ex will get back in touch with you and give you some kind of closure.

Holding onto hopes like that, that your ex will contact you and not only apologize, taking all the blame on themselves, but that this will somehow make you feel better, isn't reality. That's a destructive thought and the sooner you can close the book on this relationship and hopes of rekindling it, the better.

Most Helpful Guy

• Think of all the crap you went through with that person
    and consider that your life is much better now that you
    don't have to deal with the stress from them anymore.

What Girls Said 22

• Gather their things they gave you as gifts or mementos and return them back of throw it out. Once you do that, block and delete their contacts on EVERYTHING. Delete photos and videos of them, I don't care if it was a special memory and destroy it if you have physical copies. If anybody you mutually know talks about them, inform them that you don't want that person's name brought up and to kindly let them know to not bring up the past. Take time for yourself. Give time to mourn, but remember to be happy for you. When you've calm down, write down things you did with that person on either a list or comparing chart for reflection with one side saying Pros, the other Cons. Remember that this is about reflection and not about you going back to them. Think about what cause the break up to the best of your ability. Exclude sex from your pros or cons category so you won't be bias with this. This is done for you to be honest with yourself so you can avoid the same mistakes in a possible relationship in the future. Overall, the main thing is getting rid of anything that reminds you of them.

• I think that you need to let yourself feel terrible and hurt for a little while. It's traumatic. The only way to get over that is to let yourself feel it, instead of trying to push it away.

However, that isn't to say that you should let yourself wallow. There's no reason to make yourself miserable for the rest of your life. You just need to feel bad for long enough to heal.

• The first thing i do it cut all contact with the person. then I just continue my life as if it does not phase me. I don't like to dwell on things and i always feel like it makes matters worse. And as much as it may hurt now, I know there is someone out there for me and my ex was just a stepping stone in life pointing me towards something and someone better.

• Watch youtube videos more like news, patriotic type. Concentrate on tensions gng between ur nd neighbouring country or other country, it works. I dnt think work on urself things wil work immediately like cut ur hairs, try new hairstyle shop nd all. Bcoz u still feel no one to appreciate me and sad feeling takes over again. TRY TO CONCENTRATE ON SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT

• Regardless of if you want to be friends with that person later on, you remove them from your life for a bit, whether that's blocking them on social media or simply staying away from it. Allow yourself to feel sad. If you come to terms with your emotions, cry, vent, etc, you will eventually feel a lot better. What I would do to cheer myself up a bit was think of things you didn't necessarily like about my partner. It helped me come to the conclusion that the break up was for the best. Also, start hanging out around people more-try to make new friends and go out. I'm sorry that you are going through this :( Best wishes!

• Go out, go to active place you don't know and make new friend and focus on what you do instead of thinking about past don't go out with old friends cuz eventually she would be mentioned somehow even if they dont mean to

• take a break from looking at all of their social medias. If that includes blocking them then do what you have to do

• Cry it out, give it time, delete this person and contact friends and family... before you know it you have gone months without her/him...

• cry for an hour (maybe half) get ready, get drunk with other friends

• I sign up for all the online dating apps I can

• recover.

• Definitely cry and let out the pain/feelings.

• work on u, be alone,

• don't hunt for someone new. take your time getting over someone. next week it will have been a year since I dated my ex. and i still haven't dated anyone else

• Learn to accept it, learn to love yourself, appreciate the good moments, and slowly recover

• Hating them kinda sounds good but later you will regret it. Just let everything flow naturally. But don't text them. It will only hurt you more. And maybe even the person.

• Cry. Let it out. Don't act like it's okay because it's not. Take long baths. Cry in showers. Anything that makes you feel better and will make you a better person, do it.

• going to bar

• delete them on social media

• eat a hamburger

• 1) Post a selfie looking hot/cute
    2) go to the mall and buy yourself some clothes
    3) eat a pizza
    4) learn to love yourself
    ... this sounds "girly" but many many guys like looking good. it helps

• 5) Work out !!! --strongly recommend

• 6) block her off everything. you dont need her. or mute!

• I think it's to move on.. go to the gym.. hang out with friends.. try not to think about her. Distract urself

What Guys Said 2

• Cut contact from that person aka block them if you want nothing to do with them. Find something else to do with your time like hobbies you enjoy. Wait for the next girl to come along.

• first step is to celebrate. you are now free and do not have to hear the bickering and the delusion of females (considering that you were in a straight relationship)