Is this normal in a relationship, or do you think the problem my girlfriend and I had is disrespectful?

Last night my girlfriend was at my house watching a movie and beforehand she told me once we were finished she had to go to her friends house. Anyways, about three quarters of the way through the movie, her friend texts her and says tell your boyfriend that you have to go in ten minutes so we can go pick up groceries (which she actually did). But isn't it quite disrespectful that she would leave her boyfriend before the movie was even finished? And when I asked her about it she said she didn't want her friend to be alone. But, when she left my house, guess who was alone? Me. What makes it worse is that we only get to see each other about once or twice a week because we are both so busy. So I am wondering, should I end it because of this?

89

Most Helpful Guy

• Hello..

Brother this is a MASSIVE RED FLAG..yes this women is being VERY disrespectfull, you had a date together planned and she broke it to spend time with her freinds..

lets say you were out having lunch someware fancy and she had a text of her freind tell her to cut it short and she just got up and left.. remember its not the place that counts its your time together and she's is starting to take you for granted..

what she's telling you without saying it is her interest in being with her freind is worth more to her then spending time with you.. so what do you need to do now.. well give her what she wants time to be with her freinds..

DONT CALL HER FOR 3 weeks.. if she calls you tell her your going to be busy during this time and won't be able to be around her.. but like I said no calls to her and no texts.. if she texts you then don't reply back.. at the end of the 3 weeks unless she's at your front door keen to be with you and ignoring her freinds to do so then she's a lost cause and you should call it a day with her...

if you look at comments by women they all tell you not to act rashly becouse she may not take you back.. the question is do you WANT TO BE WITH A WOMAN WHO DOES THINGS LIKE THIS?.. I know I wouldnt.. who says if you do break up with her that you would want her back?...

DONT LET WOMEN WALK OVER YOU BECOUSE THEY WILL..

remember ALWAYS be respectful.. ALWAYS be a gentleman.. but is she's starts to take you or your time together for granted and if you bring it up and she's dismissive of your feelings in the matter then she's not worth your time and you should get rid of her..

DONT ALLOW YOURSELF TO BECOME HER PUPPY.. BE A MAN

Good Luck

-Chris

• Why is it acceptable for a guy to break plans with his girlfriend for his friends but not for a girl?

• True I'm a gentlemen around women but I don't put up with these modern womens sh*t

• Spot on... the word gentlemen has lost its meaning.. a gentleman is a man who stands for his principles.. is ALWAYS RESPECTFULL and also shows romance and affection.. BUT DOESNT PUT UP WITH NONSENSE

What Girls Said 8

• Well, I would sit down with her and talk about it first. Let her know that it bothered you and why. It might also help to find out if she knew about her plans to go shopping with her friend beforehand. If she did, then she should have let you know, maybe even before she came over to your place. That's just being considerate. If that was the case, I would also ask her if in the future, she wouldn't mind letting you know if she had other plans that might result in the two of you cutting your time together short.

I wuoldn't end things if this is the only problem the two of you have, or if it's the first time that this has happened. Talk to her first. If she continues doing things like this, despite you having asked her to be more considerate, then I would consider ending things.

• DON'T do anything rash. You probably will end up regretting it and she might be so hurt and annoyed you reacted in such a way that she's not willing to give you another chance. Instead, sit down and talk about it with her calmly. Explain that since you don't see enough of each other, when you do you should both make the effort to have a good time. If she doesn't understand where you're coming from, you can cite this incident as an example and explain why it hurt you. She probably doesn't realize she's done anything wrong. If this carries on, even after you've spoken with her, then maybe it's time to explore other options.

• No need to hurry and speed up things! Is it the first time she's doing such a thing or is it happening quite often? And may be , her friend really needed here compagny. Well, I know she maybe should stop texting while she was with you and wait 'til the film has finished ^^!

• I wouldn't end it due to something like this. Some girls find its hard to tell their friends no. I'm not saying that's a good enough excuse. Sometimes they don't even realize their doing it. I do think however you should talk to her about this. If this becomes a habit then maybe you both should see other people. TALK TO HER ABOUT THIS.

• dont react to fast.

dont end de relation but try to talk to her. communicate your thoughts and doubts sweetly to her.

and give her time, hopefuly thngs will go fine ...

• I don't think you should jump to drastic conculsions such as ending the relationship, but if you want it to work out you really need to meet up with her and figure out some things; make a commitment of when you two will see each other more often, and what's her priorietes are, her friends only should come in front of you when they are in a tough situation or upset. Other than tht you should almost always make top on her list.

• dont end it... she probably wasn't thinking straight and still loves you... ask her about it though... confront her...

• confront her about it.. and yes I think its disrespectful

What Guys Said 8

• From my own experiences : Do not break up with her and don't lose your cool.There's definately a communication breakdown though , I think she bailed because she doesn't think a movie is valuable, precious together time. Movies are great now and again but

think about trying something romantic or erotic (depends on the dynamic) Always dress nice like its your first date and never admit your tired after a long day and be suprising. send her silly texts about how sexy she is or quote something funny. After those initial 3 months of F#ckstruck infatuation things become a bit domestic and repetitive, I think both parties become complacent. I've made a lot of mistakes.

I was overly sensitive about what I wanted and blind and insentitive to her needs.

• Break it off. She's playing the weird games some women play and seeing what she can get away with. Prove you're a man and break it off. You'll find another girl.

I know, your first thought was "but...,"

But nothing. Break it off or make her give you more information.

• Elcristoph is 100% right...

But why didn't you say if her is that bored, why don't she come over...

Why is her friend bossing your Girlfriend around...

After she left you should have gone out with your mates...

Ignore her, until she comes back with an apology.

Whether you continue the relationship or not, I would put that as a strike one, if she ever does something like that again I would dump her...

• I'd agree with what most of the others on here are saying. Tell her that you didn't like it, and tell her why. Don't beat around the bush or insult her- just be frank and polite, yet firm. If this is the only time it has happened, then I don't suggest breaking up with her over it. If it becomes a repeat occurrence, then I would take the lack of respect and taking you for granted as a good reason to break it off.

• Grow a pair. You sound real needy. She left ten minutes early to buy groceries and you're crying about it?

• I mean this the best way possible, but I really don't like the advice you give. I agree he should grow a pair, but his gut is telling him to break it off - so that's what he should be doing.

• Ah, so let us all from now on "follow our gut." Yes, because discarding logic and following our instinctive emotions is sound and reasonable advice.

l2trollbetter

• Yes. Talk to her. Express your feelings. If she can't compromise. CUT.

• Tell her how you feel, if your considering ending it then you need to talk to her, giving in hope is usless

• Yes, dump her. She's treating you badly.