If you truly deeply loved someone and knew they were your soul mate would you forgive them if they cheated/made mistakes?

Most Helpful Girl

• Many people can easily say "if they were truly your soulmate, they wouldn't have cheated on you to begin with." Now, this isn't wrong, they shouldn't have cheated on you. And if they cheated on you before, they can easily cheat on you again.

The definition of soulmates differs. I truly believe we have many soulmates in life, people who ignite this special feeling deep within our soul like no other. Someone you are drawn too, who makes you ask "where have you been my whole life?", but these soulmates aren't necessarily life mates. Soul mates come around to teach us lessons, to teach us something about ourselves. They might not stick around for life.

You have to ask yourself if this soulmate of yours, can be your lifemate. Are they trustworthy? Was this just a minor slip up that you can move on from? Look back at the relationship and ask yourself if you two were truly happy? Was their more hard times than good times? Why did this person resort to cheating on you? Are they good communicators? Does this person make you a better person?

Forgiveness is the key to moving on, whether moving on with or without them. If deep in your heart, you want to forgive and you want them back, you'll have to fully forgive them and build that trust again. You can't guilt them and keep reminding them of the cheating because you've forgiven them, its not fair to your partner to hold grudge. So you have to be willing to truly forgive with all your might, and let go of all the anger/sadness. Are you ready for that? Or do you need some more time?

This might be a weird example, but I consider my best friend, my soul mate (not in a romantic way). She did something to me that hurt me, slept with an ex who broke my heart, it made me so upset. I cut ties with her. She wanted to come back into my life and it took me a long time to forgive her. But I missed her and I wanted to move past it. We talked it through, and now we are closer friends than ever. We weng through a rut in our friendship, and we've grown from it. I noticed she's even a better friend than before. The time apart gave her time to reflect and she became a better person from the experience.

What I'm trying to say to you is, use this time to reflect, make this person feel absence from you. They need to learn a lesson too. Don't forgive so quickly without truly moving on from what happened. Your soulmate cheated on you, that's a devasting thing. Recognize that. Can couples survive after cheating? Yes, but it'll take w

What Guys Said 18

• It depends on if it's a one time thing or a regular thing. I can forgive a one-time thing, but a regular cheater I couldn't forgive.

• Mistake is a mistake. It can be forgiven. As for the cheating, if my soulmate cheats, she's not my soulmate. No forgiving for tr cheaters.

• Cheating isn't a forgivable thing. They chose to sleep with someone else and that's why I have no empathy for them.

• a "soul mate" wouldn't cheat on you because you would also be their soul mate and they wouldn't want anyone but you

• Don't believe in soulmates, there's a limit to the mistakes I forgive regardless of the person

• The answer is "yes"
    And it won't ever change unless she would feel guilty and promise to never cheat again

• First of all cheating is not mistake! If anyone cheated it mean he/she did it by knowing everything.
    Now the point is you wanna forgive or not or you wanna give a chance or not!
    If its happened suddenly and if your partner told u first and beg for one chance, you can think!!

• If they cheated/made a mistake they ain't my soul mate.

• yeah probably but i would want that she makes restrictions on the things that caused it (for example alcohol)

• I would say "ok you cheated. now cheating is allowed in our relationship, you started this"

• Its not a smart thing to do.

• no I don't have time for phony people

• No because if they cheat that means there not your soul mate because soul mates won't do that to each other.

• If I knew that he or she will. never do it again I will
    and i'll tell that i'm gonna cheat back on you if he or she gets ungry or mad I know they still love me if they take it easly then. no

• depends on the background and context of the cheating.

• I can forgive once but not twice..

• just leave him.. it's difficult but it will hurt u more and many times

• just forgive and move on

What Girls Said 7

• No, because cheating is not a mistake. If they really loved me, and cared for my wellbeing they wouldn't need to seek attention from other women.

No relationship is perfect, but a decent partner will communicate any issues instead of bringing in a third party

• nope.

if love requires trust, and cheating is a breach of said trust, the relationship has lost a crucial component that it can never get back and is therefore not worth saving.

tl;dr i can't love someone i don't trust.

• If he cheats, he ain't my soul mate.

• I've done it before

• Forgive, absolutely because maybe I could understand his reasons
    Stay together, never!

• I wouldn't stay with a cheater. Someone who made mistake? Depends how big but I could stay

• I could forgive. I could move on from it. If it became a habit, I could forgive, and walk. A soulmate doesn't mean you have to be together.