What did your first heartbreak feel like, and how old were you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was in high school. My girlfriend broke up with me and started dating my best friend. I lost two friends that year. it felt like shit. I was 17.

• holy shit. I'm sorry that happened! Did they end up together or?

• Nah. Funny enough I hung out with her twice later on in life. The first time I was dating a girl and she made a move on me. Nothing happened of course, I would never cheat. second time while I was single and she seemed to want nothing to do with me. Guess that just goes to show what a toxic person she was and still is I suppose.

• Yes! Very toxic. Glad you are better off without her now!

Most Helpful Girl

• I could feel physical pain in my heart. I had feelings for my best friend and he got together with somebody else.
    I cried for days. I couldn't even share it with my best friend, that was the worst part.
    I don't think I ever got over it coz we stayed friends. He moved away so it got easier. But whenever he would come back he'd always invite his girlfriend on our hangouts and it was hard to be nice to her and smile and laugh like nothing happened. When from inside it was like somebody was crushing my heart until I'd have my last breath.

• Oh, and I had just turned 18.

What Guys Said 14

• Fifteen as a Freshman. Kennedy was a cute, mixed girl I noticed from a distance, like us guys got that list of girls your think are attractive, but never really talk to. Til I went to homecoming and danced with her at the very end of the event. We exchanged numbers and we had a good vibe going on. She's on the women's choir, active with her Church, kind of a nerd herself and did I mention she was Mixed? She came to one of my Football games and that's when I introduced her to my mom and sister. At school, my friends were shocked I could get a girl like her, and I feel like Kennedy's friends were cool with me too. Well... as a freshman who received no allowance and too young to work, it took me time to come up with money to buy my own stuff. So one day I bought her some nutella on a Monday because I thought it would be a nice little gift. She didn't talk to me all that weekend, and that Monday morning she wanted to talk to me. She explained to me that her Dad wasn't feeling comfortable with her "dating" and just wanted to be friends. I did cry that night at a local laundry mat, but that's not what broke my heart, it was months later when it was Valentines day and I tried to give her flowers, a stuffed puppy, chocolates, two cards, and yes nutella. (Note that after we "broke up", I rarely talked to her but still liked her) I don't remember how it happened, but like over text she said ' John, we don't have a lot in common, it won't work out.' and she wouldn't except the gifts. That was my first heartbreak, and it sucked... but later that day I gave the flowers and puppy to another cute girl on my list lol.

• Ehe. All you people are talking about these teenage years while i was like, what? 11?

The first heartbreak of my life left a burning pain in my chest. Funny, now that i look back on it. The way I love now is way different from way back when. They say even the functions of love don't finish developing until you're an adult, about 21-ish for guys. Don't know about girls.

• i feel like for girls its much faster... since we're more mature...

• omg sorry ignore that.

• It has nothing to do with maturity. The brains developmental stage is it's own thing and out if your control. You can neither speed it up, nor slow it down. Only support, or sabatoge it.

• 25, devastating. I still miss her. The thought of her leaving me isn't worse but the fear of the other guy did. I was not sure whether he will understand her like me or treat her like I used to & dreamed of. I still think no one can replace her in my life. I used tell her everything, the only best friend I had. I miss her when I'm happy and suddenly reality hits that I can't share it with her like I used to.

• I was 15 and I felt very good, it was like having a chicken wing in KFC
    I want to feel it again and againπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Heartbreak would obviously be sad lmao

• I've never had a heart break

• it was so depressing that i completely lost my sences. One moment I was happy and the other moment it was all gloomy
    I was 16 at that time

• I was 17 and it felt like the world was ending. I cried for someone for the first time, and cried for at least a week, off and on. it felt like, I was powerless and it made me angry and resentful. heart break sucks, especially your first one at a young age when you aren't yet fully in control of what you feel.

• 13 and it just sucked.

• almost 22.

terrible, a sense of emptiness, longing, confusion and sadness.

• Was at 15, had a 17 YO girlfriend at that point (was my first real relationship goin' beyond hugs and short pecks) and after some Time she said "Yo i've been seeing that guy, he's much better than you" turns out after 2 1/2 Month of my first relationship she's been cheating for a little less than a month

• nope. am lucky that I didn't feel yet. it's not like am heartless but I used my heart less.

• Im 14 and my Girlfriend said to me that she love bye bro

• when I was 14 I was struggling with some tough shit and got caught up in alcohol and smoking, then I met a girl and to make her feel more at ease I started to reduce my intake, and eventually stopped, I had told her because I wanted her to know that I was a better person, and yet when I proposed to her she dumped me and said I was an animal-like brute, it felt like a blow to the heart, the very air I was breathing back then was like knives going in and out.

• I was 15, had been broken up with by my first boyfriend. I cried on a daily basis for about a month, barely ate anything and generally felt as if I couldn't be happy. I have never been so *consistently* upset in my life.

What Girls Said 13

• I was 10. My mom told me to slack down on eating carbs. I love carbs. Life is quite difficult lately~

• My dog died suddenly and tragically. I cried the hardest over that. More than anything before or since then. Family members passing and breakups have happened since and I still didn't cry as hard for them as my dog. it's been 5 years now and I still feel it.

• I can feel that. When my cat passed away I was crushed a tad more than any of my previous break ups.

• It wasn't as bad as the relationship was.

• We weren't technically dating but it felt like they were "Euw go away from me, I don't like you" or "Are you in love with me? Euw" and I was being the crazy psycho besides them. And then it felt embarrasing for me and I started being mean to all my crushes.
    i.ytimg.com/vi/tDg-XtXZz5A/maxresdefault.jpg

• I was 13. He broke up with me as a joke to see how i would react and then i found out that he actually DID want to break up with me. I cried when he played the joke and then i broke up with him because of what i found out. It really wasn't that bad for me because i'd been thinking about it for a while but kept putting it off thinking things would get better. If it happened to the relationship im in right now, i would be extremely upset.

• 15. He coped badly but I first ended it because I wanted to get my shit together. I realized he didn't love me anymore and it felt like I was dying.

• Last year. I was 14. I cried every night. And I'm still not over him, but I'm trying. He's tried to talk to me and I don't respond. I stop checking his social media. I hide every photo I have of him. It'll take a while before I'm fully recovered.

• 13, like it's the end of the world. I felt like the dumbest person alive and that nothing good that happens afterwards could ever make up for what happened. Youth at it's finest.

• 17, high school, sad, we were bffs but grew apart, no cheating at all

• I was 15. It was terrible

• I spent hours of crying. I was 13

• I was 16. He cheated on me with 2 girls. Then I got cheated on again in my next relationship.

• I hope you know that you are not at fault for that! One day a great guy will come along, and do the furthest thing from cheating on you

• I just found out the guy in currently with was cheating on me πŸ™ƒ Thankyou so much though.

• Stupid ass guy oh my gosh! I'm sorry girl

• i was like 11 lol.. but i realize that i liked the fact that he gave me attention. it was a minor heartbreak because he ended up liking me all through high school even tho he had gfs he'd like follow me. he got drunk this one time and kept looking at me and got teary eyed im like oh my god... but ya... my actual heart break... was actually a year and 6 months ago... still kinda processing but im going to college (same college as he is.. ouch)...