Is it normal that I want to change everything about myself after a break up?

After my boyfriend dumped me (after 5 years together) I feel like changing my whole appearance; my hair, my makeup, my clothes, my body, etc. I don't know if this is wanting to make my ex jealous or what. I just feel the need to become a different person. Is this normal?

Most Helpful Guy

• You may change everything on the outside, but if nothing on the inside changes, you will remain the same. Don't change your body, hair, etc. I know it hurts, but take it easy on yourself, you don't have to change all these things. I would say you should lay low for a while until you can think straight and be constructive. Talk to friends or family and try to get through it! I am sorry you two broke up. Cheers! God Bless!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think in one aspect, you are doing what needs to be done, taking care of yourself. But don't do it to make an ex jealous, do it to feel better about yourself. whayever it takes to boost your confidence again but maybe rather than the extreme of changing EVERYTHING, focus on one or two aspects of your life. Maybe a new hobby and hairstyle. Or a new wardrobe and a workout routine.

What Guys Said 2

• Normal for people to change after a breakup. There are different degrees to it for different people. What would be abnormal is changing for your partner during a relationship -lol- that's rare.

• why make that road block change your whole look on life If you feel the need for a change do it for yourself don't do it for him feel good in your own skin.

What Girls Said 10

• This is totally normal. The saying goes that after a breakup, girls want their ex boyfriend to see them looking hot and guys want their ex girlfriend to see them with someone hot.

• I may be "too young" to be considered wise, especially when it comes to this topic, but it's definitely normal to want to change. Not only is it a coping mechanism to get over him completely, but it gives you things to look forward to. The most important thing is to stay true to yourself. I can relate to this, for after my boyfriend dumped me, I went out immediately and dyed my hair red. I have no regrets!

• i think it's normal. you want a glo up

• I changed a lot when my boyfriend broke up after 5 years. I think it's. normal.

• I think it is somewhat normal. Especially if you made changes to please your now ex. You might want to change to be back to being yourself.

• I feel it's completely normal. Just before you do anything make sure you are doing it for you.

• change is good, but don't change to please someone else.

• Yeah totally normal. Don't beat yourself up about it. It's his loss

• definitely normal

• Yes because you're grieving