How long does it take to be able to fall in-love again?

I fell in love with a girl who hurt me horribly. I know I shouldn't have fallen in-love with her; I know falling in love only her hurts horrifically, and that nothing good ever comes out of it, but I couldn't help myself. She cares about me, and she was so sweet and we had such an amazing connection.

I'm still in terrible pain because of it; I've been crying every day. I'm crying as I type this. I want to maybe someday fall in-love with somebody else, but how long does that take? The last time I fell in-love with a girl was when I was 13 in 8th grade; I cared about her very much, and I didn't love her anywhere near as much as I loved my precious Lucija Jambrosic... my beloved Lucija... but even then it took eight years before I was able to fall in-love again. For example, I was deathly afraid of falling in-love with Lucija after my terrible experience of falling in love in eighth grade; it took a lot of convincing before I freely let myself fall for Lucija.

But im afraid it's going to take another eight years, and I don't want it to. I can't afford it to. I'll be 29 by then, and I want to have a wife and kids by then. I want to fall in-love as much as I did with Lucija, but I don't know what I can do. How long does this usually take?

21

What Girls Said 2

• You need a therapist if you think it's going to take you eight years to get over someone.

• I've been seeing a therapist since I was 8 years old.

• I think you need a better one, because the one you have clearly doesn't help you at all.

• I'm sorry to hear about your pain. It takes time to get over heart-break. There is also no set time to fall in-love again; everyone is different. You are still very young and have lots of time to fall in-love again. I'm 31 and just ended a long-term relationship, so you have a lot more time than I do.

What Guys Said 1

• it depends actually , you might want find a new hobby that forget you current pain i. e playing video games or fishing and maybe you can find a girl that has same hobby as you