How to get over someone emotionally abusive?

215

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, i'm of the opinion that one doesn't get over something, but rather learns to live with it. Besides, these things will help:
    Friends, a positive attitude and new, positive experiences - And time. Have patience. Talk about it as well, dont bottle it up, itll just start to fester deep inside you.

Most Helpful Girl

• it takes time, once you distance yourself from that person you notice how people really should act. it's really hard to find peace though. it took me a few years to realize everyone isn't like that and the damage they caused shouldn't make you act differently or think like it was your fault. you have to stay strong and try to stay positive. try to see everyone as if they don't have the same intentions

What Guys Said 14

• When you are forced to think about them, focus your efforts on seeing them for what they really are rather than what you thought they were or you wanted them to be. Remember the worst of them, remember how you are better off free of them. Also, remember that your feelings were intensified by the cycle of abuse, remorse and praise that left you craving validation from someone to shitty to be worthy of validating you. That's not love, that's manipulation.

• You should avoid talking to them person. You will need time to move on which you are capable of doing.

• Stay out of touch and focus on something else.

• Avoid him/her completely and divert your attention...

Or you can use NLP techniques and make a funny picture of IT that makes u laught every time it comes near you... the person will eventually avoid u (y)

• just try to ignore these people anf focus and keep busy in your work only

• Beats me.

• I would suggest getting into group therapy for people whose dealt with the same problems. You could also get into counseling one on one.

• you never truly emotionally get over the other person... im speaking from multiple experiences...

• time and trying to get out of your house as much as possible

• Seek counseling. You need to built back up. This could take years. I wish you the best of luck.

• I wonder how the non Virgins I mentally abused got over it.

• abuse me!!! just do it, have fun, you came stressed after work and you need a little bit of fun in your life, a spark of hope...

• focus on other things to derive the hate and depression from your soul

• in personal experience you need help. you need someone that can listen and comfort you

What Girls Said 1

• Work on yourself so you become stronger and not dependent on the other person emotionally. Cut any type of contact and keep reminding yourself why things didn't work out and never will whenever you feel like getting back together with them.