Why can't my ex look at me and why does he avoid me?

Every time I see my ex, he avoids me. He can't look at me and if he sees me looking his way he turns his head or faces his back to me. He just looks at the ground and won't look my way, especially if he has to walk by me. He will go out of his way so he doesn't have to walk past me.

Anytime we are in the same room, he waits a few moments and leaves. I was at a bar with some guy friends, he walked in, met his friends, saw me, and left. He avoids talking about me with mutual friends and just says the breakup was amicable. Runs away from any discussion involving me.

It's been 7 months since we broke up or spoke and it's been this way the entire time. Why does he feel the need to dramatically avoid me?

We had a messy breakup. I asked for some space to deal with personal issues and he saw that I was going through a lot. The next day he turned around and called me and asked how I thought the relationship was going. Then proceeded to say he didn't think it was moving fast enough when he was the one who wanted to go slow. That he couldn't be the person I needed at that time. I kept asking if he wanted a break or if he wanted to break up and he would say yes or no, he kept saying maybe our relationship could work at a later time and that he didn't want to burn any bridges. And he said he saw me as a friend.

I was cool about it until he wouldn't hang up the phone and kept saying he just wanted to make sure I was ok. It pissed me off and I told him I was done with him and that I didn't want to ever get back together, that when I was done, I am done. And we ended up breaking up over the phone and he said it wasn't suppose to happen that way.

He didn't want to see me and blocked me as soon as we got off the phone.

The next night he called me and I missed the call. Left a 20 second voicemail with nothing on it. Tried to communicate with him and I saw I was blocked again.

What's his deal? He can't even look at me, talk about me, walk past me, or be near me.
2
1