Why can't my ex look at me and why does he avoid me?

Every time I see my ex, he avoids me. He can't look at me and if he sees me looking his way he turns his head or faces his back to me. He just looks at the ground and won't look my way, especially if he has to walk by me. He will go out of his way so he doesn't have to walk past me.

Anytime we are in the same room, he waits a few moments and leaves. I was at a bar with some guy friends, he walked in, met his friends, saw me, and left. He avoids talking about me with mutual friends and just says the breakup was amicable. Runs away from any discussion involving me.

It's been 7 months since we broke up or spoke and it's been this way the entire time. Why does he feel the need to dramatically avoid me?

We had a messy breakup. I asked for some space to deal with personal issues and he saw that I was going through a lot. The next day he turned around and called me and asked how I thought the relationship was going. Then proceeded to say he didn't think it was moving fast enough when he was the one who wanted to go slow. That he couldn't be the person I needed at that time. I kept asking if he wanted a break or if he wanted to break up and he would say yes or no, he kept saying maybe our relationship could work at a later time and that he didn't want to burn any bridges. And he said he saw me as a friend.

I was cool about it until he wouldn't hang up the phone and kept saying he just wanted to make sure I was ok. It pissed me off and I told him I was done with him and that I didn't want to ever get back together, that when I was done, I am done. And we ended up breaking up over the phone and he said it wasn't suppose to happen that way.

He didn't want to see me and blocked me as soon as we got off the phone.

The next night he called me and I missed the call. Left a 20 second voicemail with nothing on it. Tried to communicate with him and I saw I was blocked again.

What's his deal? He can't even look at me, talk about me, walk past me, or be near me.

12

What Guys Said 2

• It sounds like just some plain mis-communication.
    I suggest you send him a handwritten letter by mail. People love receiving mail and he can safely read this in privacy.
    Tell him how you're feeling and everything. If you miss him that is.
    If you don't want to get back together then dont send it and move on.

After the letter give him space if he wants to try again he will approach you.

Good luck ignore the people being rude above.

• Thank you for your input. I am not sure I want to get back together. I feel like it is a hopeless cause. I just wanted some input as to why after all this time he still acts this way. Not really sure what he is feeling and why he feels he can't be around me nor look at me. From my perspective I saw him as dumping me and I was hurt, maybe he doesn't realize that. I assume if he wanted to get back together he would come over and talk to me.

• Why do you think he said he saw me as friend then on the phone? The day before he said he can't express how much he cares for me and wants me to find fulfillment and be happy. And that the relationship wasn't moving fast enough. He wanted it to go that pace so that was wacky. Why would a guy say that?

• Maybe he was protecting himself or he was given bad advice on what to say?

he could have meant what he said though but the way he's acting i think shows that's not what he meant.

Best thing to do is attempt to communicate and compromise at this point.

• He wanted to make absolutely sure you're alright, and you broke up with him. Honestly I can see why he avoids you like the plague.

• What do you mean you can see why he avoids me? I never wave or speak to him. I keep my space.

• I asked for some space. The next day he calls me up and asks how I thought the relationship was going. I said it was going good. To which he says it's not working now. I ask him if he wants a break, or to break up. Won't say yes or no. He says maybe it will work another time. At this point I am getting hurt and frustrated. We had a conversation the day before and decided on taking a break. He won't get off the phone with me and said he doesn't want to burn any bridges. He isn't being very clear as to what he wants. I am confused. I am very hurt and blinded and feel cornered on the phone and say I am done. He's dumping me on the phone but still won't get off the phone - he says he wants to make sure that I am ok. Won't meet me and talk. We eventually are done talking and he said he'll see me later. I text him and find out I am blocked. He calls me the next day and leaves a 20 second voicemail with nothing on it. I call him back. I am blocked. Never heard from him again. Now he avoids me

• This is useless. Get used to him avoiding you, you're obviously done.

What Girls Said 1

• He doesn't like you at all anymore