Boyfriend cheated on me and is now happy with the girl he cheated with. This hurts so much and I've cried everyday. What can I do to move on?

So i found out my boyfriend was cheating on me. We started off as bestfriends and i fell in love with him and we started dating. But then he decided to cheat on me and get the other girl to harass me. Now I see that he's happy with her and plans to spend the rest of his life with her. I cry everyday because i really was deeply in love with him and did everything for him. It hurts seeing that he's happy with her and not me. How come he gets to be happy and I'm the one that's alone and miserable? I try to move on but I still love him and I always end up thinking about him and crying about it. What can I do to move on?

110

Most Helpful Guy

• You should be crying, alright - crying tears of joy that you're rid of that cheater. Let him be some other woman's problem, not yours. Once a cheater, always a cheater. I bet his current relationship won't be worth two cents when his current squeeze finds out what a snake he is.

Count your blessings that you didn't invest your whole life into this guy. Believe me, when you finally accept that your relationship with Mr. Cheat was toxic, no matter how much you loved him, you'll sigh with relief. There are plenty of nice young men out there to have a loving, fulfilling relationship where the love is real.

Most Helpful Girl

• why would you cry for a shit?

What Guys Said 9

• I'm so sorry you had to go through that, I understand it hurts a lot, and despite me not even being in your same situation, I've been in one similar, and all I did was constantly tell me it's all gonna be alright. Keep repeating yourself that even when you're crying. Thoughts become habit.
    Stay away from social media or anything where you can see him and/or the other girl.
    Take time for yourself, like stay at home all day and try to surround yourself with positive stuff. Watch a funny show, a YouTube video, uplifting music... even if you don't feel like it, still do it, eventually you'll start to relax and start laughing and feeling better.
    And if you need to cry, do it, let it all out.

Surround yourself with positivity. That's what you need right now, and focus on not having negative thoughts. Yes, I know it's veeeery hard, but force yourself, do it. It's just gonna make you stronger, and it's just gonna shape the path to a happier future, with a better man one day.

• Think what he's done. Think if he's sorry. Then think again if he deserves your love and if you deserve disrespecting yourself at such level. Then think again if you love him or not.

• i think as a guy i only react in pure anger. i think you need a girls input on how they feel they would solve this.

• I had this happen to me, but with an ex girlfriend of course. It's tough to deal with and it will be on your mind no matter what. I hung out with my friends, and removed her from my life. I deleted her phone number and blocked on social media and threw away any reminders of her. so pretty much cut her out of my life. It's a bit extreme but it helped me get through it.

• Stop thinking about him. Find a hobby, focus on your job and your life. Meet new people. But first off stop checking his social activity: don't visit his fb and such.

I feel for you. My ex cheated on me and she married him last week. I'm happy for them though

• Forget this assh*le and get yourself a better guy.

• Don't worry as soon as he gets bored from her he'll cheat or leave her too.. People like that don't last longer in any relationship.. Forget it , it's over move on. You deserve better find someone else or focus on some work or do somework to divert your mind

• The truth is that good people have it harder in life and the crappy people have it easier. It will take time but eventually he won't matter to you. The majority of guys around your age seem to be like that, so I would suggest someone 27 or older next time. Sorry.

• Look, the guy is an asshole for leaving you like that. If he can't love you for who you are then he's not right for you. Find a guy who appreciates you for who you are and that'll be the right guy for you. I actually envy you, because you're the nice one who was treated horribly by a guy, whereas I pissed off a girl I was very attracted to and so was the asshole. Don't worry, your situation could be worse, and things will get better one day. Have faith in the fact that you'll meet someone great.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!