What should I do with this empty feeling?

My first love, first boyfriend has died 4 years ago. Ever since then my feeling is slowly fading away. I think i can't love like in the past. What should i do with this empty feeling??

319

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I can only imagine how empty you must feel. In the UK we have a bereavement service called CRUISE, make contact them or with your local equivalent. Remember, moving on is an acceptance of your loss and not a betrayal of your bf's memory.

Most Helpful Girl

• You'll be able to love, you just need time to get to that point.
    It sounds like you need to talk to a professional about what you're feeling, they could help you process your emotions. Right now it sounds like you're trying to numb yourself and your emotions, which isn't healthy.

What Guys Said 18

• I think the feeling of being lonely will push you to find someone else. But this picture is definitely true

• i am sorry to know that. i think that u needto find a passion. like doing sports, playing some instrument. see what u think u would like to do it and give it w try. 3 or 4 months. i know u talking about people but i can assure u, if u find passion for one activity, u will find the power that u need to feel passion for other people.

• Get over it. It's been four years, time to let him go. Find Jesus, find therapy, hell go fly fish the Adirondacks. Nobody lives forever. He was cut down young and that sucks but it's time for you to save your own life. Go meet the next great boyfriend and be happy.

• Wow... so first off, losing people we care about it part of life. 2nd, you would have been 14 at the time... so still in puberty, hormones firing off like crazy, yeah, I am going to say, I have lost a lot of people in my life, one of them was my girlfriend. Trust me, you will eventually grow up, and learn, and yes eventually you will love again, and guess what, it will be some much deeper so much better then the last time... you will move on, you will learn to let go, and you will have a life.

• I'm sorry for your loss❤ Must have been a very difficult time for you and still is.. But I can see in your name that you're only 18 years old. You have your whole life in front of you and you will learn so much about life and get more experience and some day you are going to feel ready to love again.. just take your time ❤ (sry for bad english)

• i imagine it's difficult and it will take time; but i think in time you will feel ready to open yourself up to someone

• it's been a 4 whole years but still didn't get over it. it's difficult

• I think that you must move on with your life remembering the good moments you had and'll forever live, because no one will fill that hole, only your memories.

• That's not true
    Go out, first feel good for yourself and the right guy will automatically hit you up just maintain a positive attitude😊

• Call back his spirit from the dead and return him to his body

• Your lack of feelings might give you the advantage of finding someone nice based on logic, if you spend enough time with that person the feels may come

• you're still young, it's okay if you wanna stad singel for a while, but just remember the world keeps spinning and day are going past. Live your life, and enjoy it while you can.

• you could try to listen to a song called Empty by Olivia O'Brien which mostly describe your situation

• Perhaps see a therapist.

• I know its not easy but I'm here for you as a friend

• ah... empty feeling...

• it will take time to heal, but you should never let go of that feeling. it will make you stronger

• Just believe that u find your Soulmate in another Persons Body

• Suck it up buttercup

What Girls Said 2

• oh my god... honey, that must be so hard. was it the Love of your life? How did he died?

• pray god