Longest relationship?

How long did it last? Were you satisfied with your partner? Physically, sexually, etc. What caused you to break up? Do you have any regrets?

Most Helpful Guy

• 12 years, she left me for another man and regrets... a few

Most Helpful Girl

• 1st relationship lasted three years. I was satisfied physically and sexually. We broke up because I realized I was too young to get married, not that he was offering. lol! But I knew I did not want to marry this guy but because our friends were getting married, I thought we should get married too. And that freaked me out. I realized I could not trust myself. I knew I did not want to marry this guy but here I was thinking we should get married. I realized I could not trust myself in a relationship so it ended. I was 22 years old when it ended.

2nd relationship - after a few years of casual dating since I did not trust myself with more, I realized I was ready to try something serious so I dated my ex. We were together 6 years and I pined a good three years for him after it ended. Physically and sexually were awesome. We broke up because he could not commit and I wanted to get married and have kids (at least at the time we broke up). I was 32 when it ended and about 35 when I realized I really needed to give up on him. It took me a few years to get over him and it took him really truly breaking my heart for it to happen but I am glad it did. I loved that guy with my our heart and soul and really hoped we would end up together but it was not in the cards for us and now I believe that it was a good thing we did not end up together.

3rd relationship is my current relationship and hopefully my last. We have been together for 6 years. Physically and sexually I am satisfied. Emotionally I am satisfied and out of all of my relationships so far, which I admit have not been a lot (lol!), I feel the most loved and cherished by him. I *know* this man adores me. I *feel* it almost every second of every day. I have never felt this from anyone else before and I must say, it is quite comforting. I soak it up like a sponge. He is also my most frustrating and annoying partner though I do not think that is neither here or there. Just thought I would throw that in. lol!

From writing this out, I realize that it took my 1st relationship for me to be in position for my 2nd relationship and it took my 2nd relationship for me to be in a position for my 3rd relationship so I think it has all worked out like it should have.

I am thankful for all of them and I have been lucky since I have only been with good men.

• Thank you so much for sharing. I think the annoying and frustrating part keeps things interest. Lol. Each personal experience leads to the next. Always good to grow in order to find true happiness.

• I've been with my husband for 13 years. Marriage has its ups and downs. We have 3 kids together. We're still together. 🙂

• Are you happy? Are you content?

If I am being too personal, please feel free to ignore me. :)

What Guys Said 21

• My longest relationship lasted about a year and a half. I was completely satisfied with my partner. It was a long distance relationship, and to be honest we never had sex. We ended up breaking up for two reasons. Firstly, at least the first reason she gave me, was that she didn't feel as though she loved me as much as I loved her and she thought it wasn't fair to me to be in a relationship with someone like that. Besides that (and this was largely guessed on my part) she ended up liking another guy. He'd been her best friend for years but had lived over seas. When he came back for a visit she finally admitted that she liked him as more than a friend or big brother as she used to claim. To be honest, I bare her no ill will in those regards. I know most guys would have felt hurt by that, but when she said she just wanted to be friends it kind of made me excited. To be completely clear, I have no regrets in terms of our relationship so it wasn't a matter of being glad that it was over. At least part of it was that I knew the guy and I kind of knew she liked him. To be honest if it weren't for us being a couple I'd have been shipping the two of them the whole time.

There is another reason I was happy though. Not only was I happy for her, but I was excited for me. It may sound weird, but as a Christian, I've always believed that God does what's best for His children. If He had someone better in mind for her than me, it must mean He had/has someone better in mind for me than her. I genuinely loved/love her, and I never doubted her love for me. She was an amazing person... and the idea that the person with whom I end up, will be better than her? That's just plan awesome! For the record she and I are still really good friends and we talk often. If anyone replies I'd rather no one call her my "ex." I don't like that term for the negative connotations that go with it. If you're going to use a term use "mer" I made it up to refer to her as meaning "ex" but without the negative connotations that go with it.

• Three years from the age of 30 to 33. I hated it, but she always said she would correct the issues that bothered me. Nothing ever changed. Actually we made OK friends and maybe that is why we could stay together as long as we did. We split up finally because it was all about her. When I ran into a situation where I needed help, like being laid up with the flu, she made excuses for not helping me. THIS after my busting butt to help her for 3 years. I was so relieved to end that. It was like getting my life back.

• 11 and a half years.

I was but that faded in the later half... she gained weight, our sex life withered, and she became lazy and shiftless in all aspects of life.

Things ended when I became fed up with the above situation and she repeatedly acknowledged the problems but didn't do anything about them.

I regret not ending things sooner.

• My longest relationship is with the service to my country. The reason why I believe it's a relationship is because it has its ups and downs but at the end I'm proud to be in this relationship. Physically I'm attracted to the hard work, sweat and tears. We broke up because I retired my time was up. We still see each other now and then, "late night booty call". No regrets here only lots of memories and good people I can call my brothers and sisters at the end. Thanks for listening.

• Hmm 4 years
    hell no, it was long distance
    very sexually attracted.
    Cheating
    Nope

• People dont like long term relationship.. My longest was 6 mounths.. If i decide to be with a longer than 6 mounths then i will marry her 😊 and yeah i was satisfied with my partners

• I never dated as yet

• Never had a girlfriend or any sexual activity

• It lasted seven and a half years. Yes I was Satisfied with her. The Break Up is a long story it was stupid but it is what it is. We traveled the world together she moved into my house and lived with me for two and a half years.

• 19 years. Our sex sucks but she is my world. My only regret is not marrying her sooner.

• my longest relationship was 2 years. I was satisfide at first but then she started taking lots of pills and I couldn't take it anymore so we broke up

• Longest is 4 years and still going... Sex is great and she makes me smile...

• 8 years pretty good years until pills killed everything she was

• For me its a dream. I waited for her for 7 years. So no relationship till now.

• 2 years, 8 months & 16 days and I was totally satisfied, da happiest I ever been so far, I was into her literally from ma top to ma toe.
    sumtimes I was feeling that um in a dream and she is an angel not a human being but, in fortunately she passed away in a car accident.

sorry for da drama but, she jumped into ma mind once I've seen da Q.

• 24 years. Last 12 no sex, so I told her I'm moving on. Still live together but we're really just roommates. I'm fucking with other women on a regular basis, and 2 more whenever.

• I seperated with my wife 6 years back after 17 years of marriage she left me with 2sons now I live alone
    still waiting for her perhaps she comes back

• She took your boys?

• I mean that perhaps for this particular on which r discussing I would be one who has his breakover after long relationship

• any ways thanks for your caring little bit on my life

• 3 Years. Yes. She cheated on me. No.

• My only relationship lasted a month. I was satisfied with her as a person. She was a bit too much of a partier/weed smoker for me at times, but she was also so affectionate and sweet. But then she decided to ghost me, which hurt a lot. There are things I wish I did differently, but it was my first relationship so I was inexperienced. I learned some things I could do different next time. But no other girls ever take interest in me so I don't have a chance to be that great boyfriend to a girl that I know I could be :(

• 2 out of 3 of my exes were cheaters. Guys, don't be too nice. A few girls told me not to be too nice or girls will step over me and take advantage of me.

• 1 week, 2 years and 1 month. (3 relationships).

• 5 years
    Yes
    Both where amazing
    She stole a lot of my money
    Nope

What Girls Said 8

• 4.5 years. I love him very much. I was satisfied with everything about him except that he was a dreamer and didn't have a direction in life really. He didn't know how or what it took to get to where he wanted to be. He kept switching ideas up for what he might do. It ended up with him not going to school and working at a bestbuy when I had a year left until I graduated college. That wasn't going to work out for my dream to be a stay at home mom. If it is meant to be it will work it self to where it needs to later on.

• 9 years and still going well. Amazing sex life, occasionally gets a little stale so we plan a weekend away and put more effort into reconnecting until it's great again

• My longest relationship is the one I'm currently in (just over 3.5 years).
    Yes, I'm satisfied with him in basically every aspect.

• 4 years. Not entirely satisfied. He broke up with me because he wanted to be with someone else.

• 2 years, the amazing time of my life.
    Still good friends.

• A couple months. Yes, he was a good partner and we got along very well we just broke up because we were at different points in our lives. He was moving to get his masters I didn't want to follow him.

• The one I'm currently in. Two years so far

• My current is my longest. 5 years and counting