What do I do with my bf? Break up or nah?

So to sum this up, I have a boyfriend and I think I like someone else... My boyfriend and I have been together for about 2 years... I've known him for 6... We were best friends before anything happened... Then we ended up liking each other... it was rough becuase he was also best friends with my brother who hated me after for taking his BFF... We broke up a few times for personal issues but ended up together because it was too hard to be apart because of our friendship... Last year we broke up because he was going to leave me for another girl but he realized it was a mistake a few hours later and we were fine... He never told me why we broke up that time until recently which I'm pissed about... After that time I asked to work on some issues because it was hard for me to be with him when he was super controlling etc... He never tried or worked on it... We always ended up in the same conversations with the same problems... So I warned him and let him know there were other guys that liked me and if he truly loved me or us, he's work a little for it... But he still continued to be wreck less... So we broke up a month later... We stayed apart for 6 months... In that time this guy acted like he liked me and i likes him, but he never made a move... We are friends and we go to church together... My boyfriend is atheist so it's a hard relationship... There are so many things telling me to break up with Jim although I can't do it because he basically threatens me with his mental health state saying he'll kill himself, which I can believe becaude he does have a suicidal tendency... I want him to get help and I'm basically hoping for a miracle he'll get the help he needs and get better and treat me right although it's hard to believe... I don't know if I should wait till he gets the help and then break up, wait and see if he gets better, or just break it off right now... What do you think? How should I do ig if I do?

11

What Guys Said 1

• I know you have a lot of time invested in this person, but stop and think: is this person bringing me closer to God? If the answer is no, and I think in this case it is, break up with him. He is bringing you down, and you can't bring him up.

What Girls Said 1

• You don't sound compatible. Time to walk away