What is the Difference Between Heartbreak and rejection?

Are they equal or unmatched? Is there any specific level of rejection where you can establish yourself as fully heartbroken? What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't agree with the other responses because I think that rejection is nowhere near as bad as heartbreak. When I think of rejection, I think of never actually having a relationship in the first place while heartbreak comes from an actual loss. Like you two had a relationship, things went sour, now you two are no longer together. That strikes me as a much bigger loss than a suitor being spurned.

• honestly that's how I saw it too but I was curious what the general consensus would be.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not much they both have the same pain and ending

What Guys Said 6

• with rejection, you haven't built up any equity in a relationship, you are still putting yourself out there by expressing feelings that may not be returned, but with heartbreak, one assumes you have invested time in the relationship and therefore have more to loose, they both suck no doubt

• heartbreak is much worse than rejection, if you are truly in love with someone and they reject your love then that is heartbreak (i don't believe in love personally but to each their own.

• They overlap. You are. heartbroken because you were rejected.

• yes you are heartbroken when you have been rejected

• dame feeling

• They both feel the same in a way

What Girls Said 0