How do I end things with a guy much younger than me as well as clingy?

I am 28 and I'm just finishing up college, I met this guy who is 21 during summer session this summer. He intrigued me but mainly for a friendship, he is cute but he's also very different than me. He smokes weed like 24/7 which is fine I don't judge, but I'm really busy trying to get my life together. He doesn't have a car or a job, which again is fine, but it's put a huge burden on me to do everything when we hang out. We made out a few times, heavy petting, sexting, that's it. It's been a month and a half since we met and he went from being semi normal to very clingy, but at the same time I do believe I led him on but I truly did not mean too. He asked me to be his girlfriend and I didn't have the heart to say no.. but honestly we haven't seen each other in almost 3 weeks! We do talk on the phone for an hour every night, it's nice but I'm also super easy going and easily entertained. Oh and he said he loved me on the phone on accident two nights ago, sigh. I put him off every day because I think he might take the hint but he keeps sending me texts saying how much he needs me and etc. I feel awful ending it but I also know I'm being cruel keeping it going. Please advice on how I can end this? I really think over the phone would be best, we haven't seen each other in so long and I would rather not get him further emotionally attached.

32

Most Helpful Guy

• do it quick and painfull, rather than slow and painfull. Most importantly, let him know why, communication is key.

Most Helpful Girl

• The sooner you end this the better it will be for him. Don't beat around the bush, do it honestly and quickly. Delete his number and move the hell on.

What Guys Said 1

• He needs to grow up and you need an adult.

What Girls Said 2

• Break his heart now, rather than later. What's cruel is dragging it out.

• Over the phone is best. And don't give in and start sexting again, or you'll never get rid of him.