How to get my ex boyfriend to want me back?

Me and my boyfriend were in a relationship for 1.5 years and we broke up about 2 weeks ago. In the last 2 months of the relationship, my boyfriend started to spend more time with his friends and on school and started to spend less time with me. Eventually he even cancelled our holiday together. I felt really sad about all this and we started to fight more, but i still loved him so much, he was my best friend.

We broke up mutually. During the break up he told me that he still loved me, but in a different way (I have no idea what this means). He also cried a lot and i had never seen him cry before, so this was new for me. He also told me that he needed space and he agreed to staying friends.

I texted him a week ago. I told him that I had finished the series that we watched together and that it was really good, I also asked him how he was doing. Afterwards I also said that it was okay if he didn't want to talk to me yet. I got no response to this text. His friends told me that he isn't doing very well and that he spends all his time working.

These 2 weeks have been miserable for me, I can't stop thinking about him and I feel so stupid for letting him go. I really want to wait with texting him, but I feel like he is moving on if I don't say anything. What should I do and is there any chance that we will get back together?
3
1