Can someone please help me?

I'm leaving my abusive husband next week. We have a 9 month old daughter & a son who will be born in October. I will be moving to Florida and I'm scared to death. I read online that the abuse victim rarely gets custody of the child because they have no where to go and that they are suffering from postpartum depression ( Which I am not ) . I will be staying at my mothers bettering my child's & my life. I'm aiming to get full custody for many reasons. He's an alcoholic and smokes pot. He's been to prison before for 6 years back in the past for carrying an stolen weapon or something like that. If anyone who has study in FamilyLaw or any field related to this could you give me your information so I can reach out to you. I'm so desperate in need to get out of this relationship, but I do not want to lose my children. Please help. I tried to call many lawyers but none will return my call or you have to pay to talk to them. I need to know what's gonna happen before I move down there.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• you got married to him. it's not his fault for treating you the way he does. some women are crazy and like to be abused. I'm guessing it took you a year to figure out he's not a good man. waiting for the right person might take along time... trust me. all good girls like bad guys. but when the good girl goes bad... they bad for forever and I'm sorry for the experience your going through but you knew what you got yourself into or you bleieved all his lies.

Most Helpful Girl

• Try one of those women shelters near you. And good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• if all you say is true and you go to Florida you and you will have not no problem I live in Georgia but I understand what you're saying

• You have a greater chance of receiving full custody of your children because of the abusive relationship that you were in. his chances are slim to none so you shouldn't worry that much.

• Mo money for Dem programs

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!