Do feelings really just go away with the label?

He was amazing and we have so much in common, we weren't together for very long at all but we both agreed it's like we had known each other for years. He said he felt he needed to end it because we only got to see each other once a week at the most and it was hurting him and it was unfair for me. He said he doesn't want to lose me and that I'm everything he has ever wanted, that maybe one day it will work out. He wants to stay friends and hang out, he said he doesn't plan on dating anyone else , that it really is just the distance. We talked for 3 hours afterwards even laughed like we always do. But after he was gone I burst into tears having it sunk in. He has always been honest, sometimes too honest but this time I'm not sure if he is. Did he really lose feelings for me or is he telling the truth that it hurt him , he used the word torture because he would be with me and then miss me too much. But my feelings Don't just go away with the label of girlfriend, so how can his? What should I do, I don't want to lose him but it hurts just thinking about being around him without affection, without him being mine. And if he can do this so easily doesn't that mean he lied and just sees me as a friend, why not just tell me that?

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Dude I honestly was just in the EXACT same position as you! We broke up few months ago though but it was cuz of the distance and cuz we weren't happy not being able to be with each other more then once a week and less once we started university. But ya I just felt very sad for a while and even cried the next day. We talked about being friends but I told him I'm going to need some time first. So I spent around a month without talking to time or not having some sort of contact. ( it was hard because whenever he went out he would call me and text me. I would only answer to make sure everything is okay with him). It's going to take some time to get over him + I still and always will have feelings. But now we learned to be great friends and text and meet up with each other once in a while. I recently found out from his friend that it was very hard for him to get over me and it's still hard for him to talk about it. I'm pretty sure it's the same in your case. All it takes is time apart, take care of yourself first. Then catch up with each other once in awhile. And let him know he can always lean on you for anything. Cuz I'm guessing as a girlfriend you were also his best friend so breaking up with you also meant breaking up with his best friend. So sometimes he'll need you cuz you prob know him better than anyone.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• They shouldn't