Guys, Should I take my ex bf's apology?

My ex and I broke up on bad terms and it was really painful. Some of the things that were said left emotional scars. After a year, he has texted me and apologized and asked for nothing but forgiveness. I am a religious woman and feel like in order to move on, I have to forgive him, but at the same time I am weary as to if this is a trick or not. I don't want him back and won't take him back, but should I accept his apology in order to heal? If so what should I say to make sure that he knows that I forgive him but that is it?

3

What Guys Said 3

• tell him that...( I've accepted your apology from a long time ago and before you even ask for it... not because I'm desperate to rebuild feelings from the past... but because I think that if God forgives us we must forgive ourselves and the others.
    all I've been through in my life has changed me to be better and wise than I was before and I've realized that the past is nothing but a waste of time.

just don't worry about me... I'm not angry or still hurt, but I'm not interested in the past or silly small things... I'm busy planning for a great future... and you should do same.

( first, say his name and start talking) whether your life is good or bad, there's nothing I can do or say but wish you a good life and luck.
    anywhere I'm busy right now but thank you for calling, and I wish you a good life.
    Goodbye. (you end the call, not him.)

• accept his apology but not him

• yes give him a chance