How can I fall asleep with a broken heart?

Last night a girl who I've been seeing for over two months that I had completely fallen head over heels for broke up with me (if you want to call it that it turns out she never considered a relationship to begin with.) you can read all about the situation in my previous post about oral sex. (You'll understand once you read the comments I had with two other girls.) anyway we spent the night together every night almost for the last two months cuddling and holding each other. Now I miss her so much and can't sleep at all. It feels so empty in my. bed. I have to get up in less than three hours what should I do? I don't remember ever hurting this bad before. Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry. I feel like a twat for even bringing up the experiment thing in the first place 😞
    Since you have to wake up in three hours I won't suggest NyQuil. But how long do you have to be up? Maybe you can use this pain to just pull an all nighter and then sleep really heavy later today. That's only if you need to be awake for like 8 hours or so.

• I work until 5 pm. Don't feel bad. You were right. I don't know if I was an experiment or a rebound girl or just a distraction. I don't think it matters. I just feel so used and worthless. Maybe there is something wrong with me that I was able to fall in love with someone who could this to someone and not even realize she didn't feel the same way. I'm an idiot.

• No it's ok don't feel like an idiot! Love does that sometimes. It blinds you and prevents you from thinking clearly with all the love chemicals going on in your brain. You couldn't control that and that's ok. There is nothing wrong with you. You'll find someone who will love you just as much when you are ready to start dating again. You can use this experience to your advantage next time and see the signs early before you get to emotionally invested.
      Have you ever stayed up 24hours before? I know this doesn't work for everyone but when I do t wanna sleep I play music and eat to keep myself awake. Maybe you can try that today as well as with some coffee. I don't like those 5hour energy things but maybe you could try those if you think you'll crash real hard, just don't get reliant on them.
      Try to distract yourself with work for today and then you can think about things later.

What Guys Said 7

• You're going to suffer. The sense of loss and the physical pain that comes with it take a while to ease away. There's no quick fix, but time heals it. In the meantime all you can do is try and keep yourself and your mind as busy as you can. Find something of hers and use it as a comfort blanket to help you sleep.

• Do your processing, talking to friends who know the situation, early in the day. You need to time it so those thoughts aren't on your mind at bedtime.

Maybe also get a prescription sedative.

• I haven't even told any of my friends or anything yet. All I've done was talk about her for the past month and how happy she made me. My friend were concerned because she was eight years younger than me and had never been with another girl before and all I did was argue that they were wrong. I even told my family all about her and was going to introduce her to my parents when they come to visit me in three weeks. I'm just so embarrassed. I don't want to tell anyone yet.

• Do I seem really messed up to you? Honestly.

• Haha. Not at all.

I'm of the opinion that everyone should have the occasional psychoanalysis.

On a more specific note, what you seem to need is a patient, friendly ear. You need to talk until your feelings are thoroughly worked through.

You yourself ruled out friends and family. Who's left?

Or, if you want to reopen that avenue, what about just one friend or family member whom you can swear to secrecy?

• Take some morphine

• i know your pain all to well iam still not fully over my ex but it will be a long fite but your heart will heal its been 6 mons for me

• you are sad because of a girl you know tho month?

• just dont think anything and go to sleep

• try masturbation

What Girls Said 1

• Glue All The Broken Pieces Back Together B4 You Go To Bed So They Don't Poke You.

• I'm just tossing and turning watching the clock. It's so awful I just started to cry again. I can't stop thinking about her.

• Yeah ik I always say man :)

• Ok just making sure. I was talking about a girl so I thought you might have thought I was a guy.