Did he ever care about me?

I just got dumped and I'm probably the most confused as to why.. when I was with him everything seemed perfect we got along great. We would have long deep conversations he'd share personal stuff with me and he even said to me " you're the only girl for me" .. He eventually told me he can't commit to a relationship because of his job and other priorities.. I know that's an excuse. He told me he really cares about me. But just wants to be friends. Why do guys do such a 360 on girls?

38

Most Helpful Girl

• I am so sorry to hear that you are going through a breakup, they are one of the toughest things to go through in life and I can understand why you are feeling so confused. It is such a horrible feeling when everything is feeling right in the relationship, and then all of a sudden things take a turn for the worst. I know exactly what you are going through right now, as it is happening to me also. It is so scary how some people can have a change of heart so fast, Men mostly. It sounds to me like he is scared, men will never admit when they are scared, they tend to make excuses. But it sounds like he is scared of commitment and he could see a possible future with you and the reality of it was frightening for him. Feelings don't just go away for someone and it likely that he stills cares for you, like you probably still care for him. Men aren't all heartless, even thought sometimes they pretend to be, they're so good a putting on a front. As are women sometimes. I just think that guys turn their feelings round as fast as what they do for women, because they're scared, completely and utterly scared at what might have been their happiness.
    I hope things work out for you, you deserve to be happy, & Keep smiling!

What Guys Said 8

• Have you ever thought that maybe he didn't want to hurt you? Sometimes people will break up so that that doesn't happen... if that was the case then I totally understand him... But then again if he was gonna do that then why get with you in the first place? I believe that maybe he did care... But you probably cared more... Move on...

• You are assuming he was honest when he told you "you are the only girl for me" my guess is that he was NOT... look you have been played... and his excuse for breaking up is one of the oldest in the book of players excuses for break up... and its also a bit lame... and if you are asking why we guys do that to girls... Its probably just for sex... there is a rare chance that its for some other reason but the majoruty is for sex

• That's the thing we never had sex

• Maybe intimacy itself... it doesn't have to be sex it could be lots of things... heck he could have been with just to distract him from something

• he might not be ready for a serious relationship and instead of going longer he broke it off. he may also have felt like you are of a friend instead of a love interest. some guys want to focus on their job and instead of not being there for you in a relationship he decided it would be better this way.

• Yea I'm sure he did care but guys change sometimes it's just how it is you are pretty by the way I'm sure u will find someone

• I think he used to care about you but now his priorities may have changed or may be he doesn't feel in the same way...

• it's just people, I just had a girl do the same to me

• maybe everything he was saying and telling you was A lie a. k. a G

• why don't you move in with me -20

What Girls Said 2

• One guy did this to me, then texted me days later with a new girl in his whatsapp picture, asking me what's up.
    Men like to hurt girls when he thinks you're too good for him, they go out of their way to spare the feelings of women they feel sorry for when she is not that great.
    Learn to not care because I didn't care. I bet you don't even love him, he's not your husband therefore a non-factor.

• At one point I'm sure he did in his own way