Is it immature to want my ex out of my life?

My ex reached out to me multiple times asking to reconnect and be friends, but I'm not comfortable with the idea and to be honest, I'm happier without him in my life. Not that he did anything bad or is a terrible person. I just simply don't have a place for him and don't want to make the effort to reconnect.

1024

Most Helpful Guy

• No, that'snot immature at all. You were being very mature by leaving someone who didn't make you happy and being honest with your feelings, instead of just stringing him along like some people do.

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont think its immature that you don't want him in your life. How you deal with it will show how mature or immature you are.
    If you just ignore him, I guess it's not its immature but it's not that adult, either. He's someone you had a relationship with for however long, the least you can do is be straight up with him and tell him you dont want to be friends. You dont even have tell him why, but as a person you cared about at one point you could tell him thanks but no thanks, wish him well and close that chapter.