Is it immature to want my ex out of my life?

My ex reached out to me multiple times asking to reconnect and be friends, but I'm not comfortable with the idea and to be honest, I'm happier without him in my life. Not that he did anything bad or is a terrible person. I just simply don't have a place for him and don't want to make the effort to reconnect.

1024

Most Helpful Guy

• No, that'snot immature at all. You were being very mature by leaving someone who didn't make you happy and being honest with your feelings, instead of just stringing him along like some people do.

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont think its immature that you don't want him in your life. How you deal with it will show how mature or immature you are.
    If you just ignore him, I guess it's not its immature but it's not that adult, either. He's someone you had a relationship with for however long, the least you can do is be straight up with him and tell him you dont want to be friends. You dont even have tell him why, but as a person you cared about at one point you could tell him thanks but no thanks, wish him well and close that chapter.

What Guys Said 23

• I don't know I think that that's really immature. I mean you can't just deleted him like some stupid photo on your pc or tab. He is in your memories so even if you forget about him there will be things that will make you remember him. So don't delete him. Tell him that you don't want to have anything to do with him but don't try to forget him. Get used to the thought about that you was with him at some. point of your life and that it didn't happen and that was. Then your mind you perceive those memories like normal ones and if you some day remember them you will fill like nothing or just a little bit of emo

• Nope. Most people don't have anything to do with their exes. Those that do, we'll thats a different story.

• Nah that's fair to think like that. That helps people move on sometimes.

• Why not just keep him there, not in, but there and laugh at his pathetic attempt until he learns to grow the fuck up.

• Yes, it is immature, but there is NOTHING wrong with being immature in this way. Ex's can be ex's for a reason

• No it's not immature. I always say a ex is ex for a reason.

• On the contrary, you'll be mature if you kick him out of your life. That is decisiveness and power, traits of an adult.

• No, i find that to be for the best.

• No it's not immature. What's immature is the people that want their ex to die or laugh at them when something tragic happens to them.

• being "friends" with ex is only burden

• it is not. it's your choice who you want in your life

• Hell no.

I kick them out of my life as soon as we break up, and it stays that way.

• I think its not fair for him specially if u say he didn't do anything bad I don't see why wouldn't u be friends what if that happened to u

• Just be cold with him. If he starts to bother you, immediately bother him back.

• No it's not immature at all. if you don't want/need him in your life then dont have him there. It's your life you choose who stays in it

• He is your ex

• that is in your own prefrance

• Its very Mature. You guys have already had a relationship. Just be open and honest with him.

• No it's not immature, tell him you don't feel comfortable.

• do what you have to do, just go away put your logical side of your brain working

• it's a normal stuff. and life continue.

• I even cut quite some mutual friends (although they were more like acquaintances) from mine. I only have 2 remaining indirect links to my ex that I really can't cut away but other than that she must be wondering whether I ever existed by now.

• Not having him in your life is the best thing to do

What Girls Said 9

• if you don't want to then don't, he's been out your life for a while anyways

• Nothing wrong with putting the past behind you.

• that's normal

• No its not bad. Honestly its less problems that way.

• Hell no I want my ex out of my life unlike you my ex is a bad person and he already screwed up my currant realtionship I dont want him to mess up anything else

• not at all. It is your time to find yourself now. He has no place to be in your life if you don't want him to be there. Just tell him you can't be friends and leave it like that.

• no that's what most want

• I honk it's nkrnal to not want him in your life. There's no reason for him to be there

• It's not immature at all :)