Would you tell your current boyfriend/girlfriend if your ex decided to call you or text you expressing how they feel about you?

Hello..I'm helping my older sister doing this project about married couples, young ones, the ones that have been going on forever, infidelities and stuff like that..i guess my question is...(I won't judge..i promise)

Would you tell your current boyfriend/girlfriend if your ex decided to call you or text you expressing how they feel about you? Why or why not?

What if you don't love that person anymore? Would that change your answer? And if you do still love your ex, would you decided to keep it a secret?

please and thank you...i will appreciate all the votes and all the reasons ^-^

• Yes, I would..I got nothing to hide
  • No, I think its better if he/she doesn't know about it
  • Yes or No...but with different reasons..(specify below please)
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Thank you for your votes and all your answers...it will help a lot ^-^

144

Most Helpful Guy

• Alright, you and the answerers aren't picturing this properly. This isn't about honesty! it's something super mean girls use to flame things up, act like a bitch and make her partner lose sleep.

Mean guys are the same, more likely "studs", his main aim is to annoy the poor girl which is with him currently, make her dead jealous, raise the competition for himself, and so on...

So girls, that happens with many, if it's happening with you, then f*cking deal with it as an adult, it's your responsibility, nobody told you to get a new guy and break another's heart that fast, nobody told you to leave things hanging up, nobody told you to be such a greedy s*cker... or simply make your brother deal with it, or call the cops, but please, shut the f*ck about it.

• What are you on about?

• Lol I'm totally confused about yours ^-^

• I'm just saying, when a girl is getting that with an ex, she should deal with it herself, it's not her partner's fault that she has unfinished business.

What Guys Said 3

• I'd tell it my wife but I don't think other women would accept it in as cool a way as my wife would.

She would even push me to meet that ex again for lunch or dinner.

Thus: for myself yes, for others no. Every couple is different.

• I voted B. Not because I think it's better she or she doesn't know about it. It's because I don't care; why would they?

• I voted C. I say Yes because I don't still have feelings for any of my ex's. This even happened before.

What Girls Said 14

• i chose C, only because I would feel like it was pointless telling my boyfriend, because I have no feelings for my ex and would never act on it. By telling my boyfriend it would cause unecessary tension and insecurity in the relationship which could affect us severely or even break us up. I would tell him if I thought it would help the situation, but chances are it would just ruin things for no reason. If I don't love the person I'm not going to let their feelings for me mess up my current relationship, and if I did have feelings for them I still wouldn't say anything or act on it out of respect for my current boyfriend. He's the one I'm with, and my ex and I broke up for a reason, there would be no point dwelling in the past.

• Me and my partner have a rule of complete disclosure. No secrets, half truths or white lies. I want to know who I am in a relatioship with and so does he and that includes knowing things like this.

I'll admit honestly that I get jealous (for good reason and my own issues). I am honest about this with him and baring that in mind nothing soothes me more than knowing that I am getting the whole truth. I am also totally honest.

Ex's are difficult to deal with yes but they are a part of life. There are no good reasons to lie about this. Everyone deserves to know what's going on in their relationship and its BS to say its none of your partners buisness. Ex contact IS totally relevant to the relationship and if you have to lie you need to look at why you don't feel confident to tell the truth.

• If that happened and I wasn't still in love with my ex then I don't see any point in:

A) responding to my ex's text

or

B) telling my boyfriend

telling them when there's nothing going on is kind of pointless. it makes them worry and wonder and it can end up hurting the relationship.

if I were still in love with my ex, I'm an idiot because I shouldn't have gotten into a relationship with harboring feelings for another man. I would wait a couple days to see if those old feelings settled down and went away. if they didn't and I knew it was still love, I would feel obligated to tell my boyfriend no matter what. I mean I know it would suck to break up from it, but better to be honest than have a hollow relationship.

• I said A, because I can't keep secrets like that, and I think that my current partner would deserve to know that. However.. I suppose if I were to still have feelings for my ex I might keep it a secret, because if I said about how they feel about me, it would be hard for me to hide my feelings too.

• I would tell my boyfriend like I have in the past. I have nothing to hide. If my ex has feelings for me *which he does* that's wonderful for him but I don't really care. My boyfriend is the only one I care about with his feelings towards me. And well if I had loved my ex at all *which I didn't* I wouldn't keep it a secret. I would just plainly tell my boyfriend I still had feelings for my ex, but I have greater feelings for you so it shouldn't matter. I would want my boyfriend to do that same thing for me if he was in the same situation which he was at one point.

• i would. if it's just one-sided then you've got nothing to hid, if you have feelings for them back then you should discuss it with your boyfriend and think about ending it because if you're not fully in a relationship then you shouldn't be in one at all.

• Would I tell my boyfriend that my ex contacted me? Currently no. He is way too jealous for me to be honest with him about stuff like that. I don't care for exs usually so there is no emotional reason for me not to tell. If I did still love my ex I would have to think about what I wanted out of life or spend some time alone to sort things out but probably would not go back to them.

• I wouldn't tell them unless they asked about it. Which they wouldn't unless they were there when I took the call or they went through my phone looking at my text messages.

• I'd definitely tell my boyfriend, especially if I didn't love them anymore but I'd still tell them if I did love them but I would never act on it because I'm with someone else.

• yes I would because I have nothing to hide. but I probably would not tell them immediately, how ever I might concider keeping it to myself if I felt my current lover would feel hurt from it or if I felt my ex might get hurt.

so I selected C

• i tell my boyfriend everything so yah I would tell him :)

• secrets are never good for a relationship. you have nothing to hide. its not like you invited your ex to call you know? you should tell your current SO so it won't be like your hiding anything from them. if I still loved my ex I probably shouldn't be with my current either

• Yes, because I have a restraining order : /

• I have no reason to tell him if that happens. I'm not with my ex for a reason. Even if there are left over feelings, it didn't work out. Its not that I'd be hiding it, its just that it does him no good if I told him and it does me no good either. It'll make him feel insecure and stuff, I love him too much to put him through that.