Does no contact for a month actually work?

Thoughts and opinions are great

• Yes
  • No
  • Sometimes ( explain )
    Vote C

75

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the people. For some couples, it would make them appreciate each other more and help the relationship. And for other couples, it would pull them apart even more. Personally, I couldn't even go a few hours without being in contact with my boyfriend so I wouldn't ever consider something like this and neither would he.

What Girls Said 6

• It works to give you the space you need to get over the breakup or start getting over it. It is not a method to get someone to want to get back with you who has no more feelings for you.

• I don't believe that no contact can work if it is a month. In a month a person can move on as is what happened to me. So the best thing you can do is, give it two weeks, and then make some contact but keep it cool.

• if the girls really really into you Chyea!

• Honestly, no contact for a month only works when you didn't have a messy break up. If you did it can take A LOT longer. Especially when it involves a guy because they usually need to see that you have moved on and you can live without them and then they start to realize it was a mistake!

• Sometimes, it depends on the guy, and how the breakup happened.

But for me, I didn't contact my ex for several weeks and he contacted me

• I have tried a NC with little success. I mean, as long as he/she has feelings for you they will contact you. Its a manipulation game and do you really want to be with that you have to play mind games with? That's not very healthy. On the other hand, NC can help if you are powerless and your ex keeps coming and going, it gives you your personnel power back so you can move on.

What Guys Said 5

• No contact rarely works for men because men don't have women chasing them all the time. Women have men knocking on their doors all the when they are in a relationship or not. The true purpose of no contact is for working on yourself and moving on, and moving on is the best thing to do...

• It depends. I think if it's a mutual break, then it can work so that you two aren't all over each other and spend some time without each other. Just take a breather, relax, and do things you want to do. When you're both ready to get back together, just have a friendly contact.

However, if you're looking to play mind games (why did he/she stop contacting me all of a sudden?! What happened?), then you're just going to succeed in p*ssing the other person off. Even if you DO get back together, you'll probably be worse off than before.

• I'd go insane.

• For a guy to try it, it works on occasion, but frankly, girls that fall for this trick aren't worth any long term prospects.

For girls, this is even worse. You really don't want the guy that comes crawling back.

• I've been doing no contact for nearly a year now.. and it hasn't worked. LOL.

• Oh jeez..well its been nearly a year, get back at her bud lol see what happens

• Oh man ): I'm sorry to hear

• Lame! my ex did the same thing, obviously some people need to grow up! Ill date you though ha ha :)