What is the reason for her invitation?

My ex-girlfriend that I dated from 2004 - almost 2008 (about 3 and a half years) is now getting married to someone else. Our break-up was not the best, but shortly after we did break-up, we became friends again, but never intimate. She recently invited me to her wedding in about 2 months and I'm not sure what to make of it. We text or talk on the phone most days, and she hardly ever mentions Steve (the guy she is marrying). I'm the only ex of hers that she invited to the wedding. I told her that I won't be there because I would feel out of place. My question is why does she want me there; what are her intentions for wanting me there; and are her feelings for me stronger than feelings of friendship? Thanks, Hootie ;-)

10

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know why she wants you there. Only she knows that. I suspect it's because she views you as the most important in her life of all her ex-boyfriends. However, I don't think it's because she still has feelings for you because she's getting married to someone else. This is not very fair for you though because it sounds as though you're still holding out hope. Unless you want to feel like sh*t, I recommend that you don't go.

**If you're one of those guys with thick skin, I would say you could go and maybe you'll meet someone new. Weddings are fun.**

• It's not that. The reason I was asking is because we are friends now, and if she wasn't able to accept that, then I would have to stop talking to her completely. Anyone that knows the both of us and knows the current situation is telling me that she must be acting this way because she wants me back. Ok, I hope you are right. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

What Guys Said 0