Ex lied about hooking up/having sex with FOUR other girls for our entire relationship?

I was in a relationship for several months until August 2014, when we broke up. We got back together in September 2014, then broke up again. We started talking and flirting again in October 2014, all the way until we got back together again in February 2015 and dated for almost two years after that. When we broke up last time, we clearly still wanted to be with each other, but the circumstances (he was moving for a job) wouldn't allow it. He moved back this past month and we've been rekindling things. We were both still extremely in love with each other, and still planned on marrying each other and being with each other for the rest of our lives. This past Saturday, he dropped a huge bomb on me. He told me that after we broke up in August 2014, he met two girls on Tinder and hooked up with them (no sex). He kept this from me for three years. Even though we were talking about getting back together at that point, we were technically broken up, so I forgave him. Then just last night, he breaks down and tells me that there were two others. One in January 2015 and one in September 2016. He had sex with them. Again, I was able to let the one from January slide as it was before we were dating (but he lied to me about it for over two years, so obviously I felt very deceived), but the one from September, I'm completely devastated by. We were going through a rough patch, and had discussed breaking up, but we never actually did it. He believes we did break up, despite the fact that we were still talking every single day and being intimate every week. Not only this, but after we broke up for good in November 2016, he seen the girl from September AGAIN for a date. He contacted her within hours of dumping me. Despite this, he has not tried to defend himself in the slightest. He's been nonstop texting and calling me about how sorry he is and how much he hates himself for what's he's done and for hurting me. I have no idea what to do. Is he even worth giving another chance?

12

What Guys Said 2

• How many break ups have you had this with this guy? It doesn't sound like you two are a really good match even without those other 4 girls involved.

• u need to grow up and decide if u want to play breakup patchup or settle down.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't mean any offense or to upset you by saying his, but I don't like to mince words. After reading this, I'm under the impression that you're a placeholder until he find the one he really wants to be with. Certain things seem ideal, like him talking about marriage, etc. but those are just words, and a lot of times people use them as bait to trap a person. What I don't understand is him jumping right back into the singles pool every time you break up, going on dates, etc. I bet my bottom dollar you don't do that. My second red flag is, why doesn't he just stay committed if he's so certain you're who he wants forever? Why all the breakups, etc? I know you're in love with him, but he just doesn't sound like the right fit, long term.