How do you get over a break up?

Don't say "just go find a new one". 🙄

211

Most Helpful Guy

• depends how long the relationship was. you gotta take some time and find the natural way for you. sometimes it will take some time, others you won't care. if you still have feelings for your ex you gotta sort out why. do you miss the way things used to be? stop thinking about the past. do you miss them right now? convince yourself you can find someone just as good or better. build that confidence!

Most Helpful Girl

• Getting over a break up is never easy, and it never gets any easier. I've always learnt that you have to 'kiss a few frogs before finding your one'. That may or may not be true, but I do know that when you find 'the one', you'll know. Sadly, I am in the same position, trying to find the best way to get over a break up, I would just say that if you really do want to get over it and forget about the person you were with, definitely keep yourself busy. Do things that you love doing, I know it's hard because you sometimes feel like you don't want to be happy again. But make sure you have something planned in your day to look forward to, whether that's watching your favourite film, going out with friends, spending time with family. And better yourself as well, make YOURSELF feel good, because you deserve it. Just remember that each day is a new one, and you never know what tomorrow brings. Hope that helps a little :)

What Guys Said 10

• jumping straight into another is a terrible way... i suggest you occupy your time with friends etc and take the time to rediscover yourself before trying again

• Kill all the hopes of getting back together for starters. Do things (Don't do things that you may regret later) that will take your mind off of such thoughts.

• Everybody has their own way to deal with it. Some do it in a more constructive way, others ignore it.

I suggest you just take your time, get your emotions back on track and generally just enjoy life.

• Work on yourself, brother. If she broke up with you something is lacking. Finding another girl is not the right answer until you have reflected on what made the first girl dump you. If it something you can change, change it. Also remember, depression and self loathing is the opposite of what every girl wants. The longer you remain in that state, the longer you will be single (and, hey we have all been there). Get off the couch and stay moving.

• just want to say, I'm a female. lol

• so forget that paragraph about women (you know all of that already) and replace it with 'Men love with their dicks'. At any point before 5 years in a marriage, a man tells you he loves you, what he means is that he loves your vagina. To him it is the same thing. This is why guys get confused when you say, 'I really like you' and he sends you a dick pic. The rest, also works for women.

• i just don't :-P happened 5years ago, still not over it

• Time is a good way on moving on from a person

• it's going to be a long process to get over your break up but the way deal with that is to say fuck him or her because they're not worth your time

• Maybe rather think of the bad moments between him and you, like the fights you had

• cocaine

• Break me off a piece of a KitKat bar. :P
    Just binge watch some TV show so you don't think about it for a while. Keep your mind busy with other stuff for a while.

What Girls Said 1