Lost on what to do about my relationship... He tells me he's been having dreams about his Ex?

I have been dating this guy for a year and he isn't over his ex. We took a break about 2 months ago because he said he wanted to figure everything in his life out. Then within a month we were back together. He came back and said he was sorry for what he had put me through. So we have been trying to work on it. This whole year we haven't put a label on us because we both didn't feel like it was important, but after we took the break I told him that I felt like it was important that we had been together long enough that it needed to happen. So I stated how I felt then I've waited to see of he would make it official with us. So last night I brought it up because I feel like its been long enough and I said it needs to happen or we need to move on. He then comes out and says he hasn't wanted to make it official until he knows he's over his ex (with for 6 years). He said that he has had dreams about his ex, me and him the past few weeks all together. I have asked him if he feels like he wants to be back with her and he says no. I told him that I want us to be adults and not waste time if he wants to be with her. He says that's not the case at all. He says that he loves me without a doubt, but he knows he shouldn't have dreams about her and think about her. I mean is this normal? He says that he wants to be with me, but he doesn't to still have her on the mind. I'm trying to be an adult about this and not get upset. I don't know what to do? I don't know how to feel? Help please?
0
3