My boyfriend ghosted me, why is he telling his family we are good & still together?

My boyfriend & I have been dating 8 months. We've been on such an emotional roller coaster! We laid his mother to rest a few months ago. I kept an open mind about how his mother's death may affect him. So I rolled with the punches, bit my tongue, & had the most patience one could give. He's been using alcohol & marijuana to suppress his feelings. 3 weeks ago I caught him in a lie. We didn't speak for a few days. He was headed to visit family in the east coast the week after. I've tried texting him & calling him and NO response! Heard from a family member (his family adores me) that he is over there telling them we are still together and love eachother very much. Well, for starters, I assumed that because I was ghosted... that was him breaking up with me and secondly, because I am the other part to this equation, it would be nice how in the world this man could treat me like dirt BUT tell his family we're just fine & dandy? Can someone please help me understand? :(
0
2