He left me for no reason?

I had this whirlwind relationship where he asked me to be with him so quickly, I was shocked as I had only known him a few weeks but I agreed. We made each other laugh and smile, there was no awkward moments, we seemed to bring each other true happiness. On our first date his mom called him for something and before he hung up he said, "mom... I've honestly had the best time with *names me* today has been amazing" we always held hands, he text me good morning every day, we seemed so happy. He ALWAYS spoke of our future.

We started arguing a little last week and I asked him if I had done something wrong because it started from him acting odd. He told me he's depressed, he hates his job and works 10 hours a day, he had to move an hour away from home and he can't see his friends, he feels like he's living to work, come home and repeat. He has night terrors and his family don't want him. That I'm the only thing bringing him happiness and he's messing that up and he's so sorry.

So we met up and had a nice weekend away, we were all over each other and he seemed so happy and talking about our future together all the time. His mom had invited me over to meet them all, he was excited. Whenever guys would check me out he would get angry at them. He seemed really happy, he told me he had fun and when we were saying goodbye we both said I'll miss you. Then two days later he broke up with me saying he's not ready and he thought he was, but he's not. And he wants to keep me in his life but I deserve better. Out of nowhere. I don't understand we were happy, what happened? Will he come back?

30

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Situations like this are always hard ones to get your head around, and I know the feeling all too well. I am so sorry you are feeling like this at this tough time, I can understand why you're upset. You two got together pretty quickly, and it sounds to me like you really had an impact on him, he finally found what he was 'looking for' in a sense and felt happy being with you. To me it sounds like this guy has a lot going on in his life right now, he sounds like he is suffering with depression of some form because of everything going on, and men almost always push themselves away from their loves ones mostly when they have so much going on. He sounds like he can't maintain a relationship right now because he feels like he can't 'love' or keep you happy because he doesn't love himself, this is always hard because you just want to help them but they won't let you. He has done this so he doesn't drag you down with him. Give him some time and space, usually men will realise what they are missing when it's gone and you're not speaking to them and look after yourself in the mean time!
    Good Luck & Keep Smiling

• It sounds like you two weren't together for a long time. That means that your relationship was in the honeymoon phase. You're in love, and want a future together.

However, he stated that he was depressed and that his life is basically messed up. He wasn't happy, even though he might have been happy with you. It could be that he broke up because what's going on in his life is too much to ignore, and that he wants you to be happy while he needs to focus on his own life at the moment.

I don't think he can combine a relationship with his life situation at the moment. Perhaps when he's sorted all things out, he will come back. But don't wait for it.

• This exact thing happened to me too... But I haven't contacted him at all in hopes that he will realise what he's missing and come back when he's ready.