Best ways to deal with a break up?

I think I'm on the road for a break up with my boyfriend (18), I'm 17. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself...

510

Most Helpful Guy

• Time is a good way to get over someone.

Accept it.

Don't blame yourself.

You'll move on when you are emotionally ready.

Most Helpful Girl

• Indian songs ice. cream a blanket and a marathon of romantic movies.๐Ÿ˜‚ sorry I had to include Indian songs cause I do that๐Ÿ™ˆ just occupy yourself. try going out with friends or hanging out with the family.

What Guys Said 9

• Funny videos, ice cream (not a lot), talk to friends about it

• Just try out new things that make you happy. That's what I always do

• I hear chocolate ice cream does wonders

• get some dick afterwords or pussy I don't know

• well if you think your about to break up then just do it now don't drag it out. then just get someone else

• Nah... I'm done with relationships for awhile now. I think they're pointless at this point.

• I hate when people say that, all of the people I know who say that are people who are in and out of relationships every 2 weeks and just hop into relationships with no meaning. not tryna be mean just telling u what I know. so taking a break is the best thing and eventually you'll find the right one, but if u simply say there's no such thing as love then your just condemning yourself to continue with these pointless relationships and might as well just keep doing it.

• lmao im not the type to jump in and out of a relationship every 2 weeks. This is my second boyfriend, me ex i was with for 1.5 years. I think love is very complicated and sometimes unnecessary. I don't plan on getting in another relationship for a long ass time. They're stupid to me right now. I'm 17 and worrying about a relationship when I should really be focusing on myself.

• You seem prepared to a substantial amount already

• try enjoying your own company
    just stop caring much.
    by the way best of luck

• It has to take its toll if you interrupt the process it'll only take longer

• You're only 17, how long have you two even dated?

• It doesn't matter...

• It's fine...

• Well if anything you have experience with love, in turn making you wiser thus better. Don't be so negative. Your next big love could be real close to you. I'm not American.

What Girls Said 4

• well.. first thing.. it does happen.

next, dont go for rebound sex or a rebound boyfriend...

take some time to be with yourself.. hang with your gfs... talk about your feelings..

Hey... you can talk to me... i have been dumped like 19 times... usually for having small boobs, no hips, and a flat butt...

Dont let him be the one to dump you.. be the dumper..

when you are apart, dont go around the same group of peeps you saw together... one friend or another will blame you for him being sad and upset...

Talk to peeps.. even on here.. ask for help when you are down... etc...

• Whatever you do, avoid that other person, where they hang out, stuff that reminds you of them etc so you don't cry and miss them. Distract yourself by doing something constructive which has nothing to do with them.

• Why? Just let out.

• Yes it does matter I'm 17 and with my boyfriend 4 years now so please don't listen to anyone saying it's pointless cause it's not

• ... It just hurts. Relationships hurts. Why would I want to take part in them? All they do is damage me.

• Cause ur going for the wrong boys

• nah. I don't do relationships. this was only my second.