Who keeps the dog after a breakup?

107190

What Girls Said 107

• Hmm I was almost in this position at the start of this year.
    Our dog will always be with the children because he really misses them when they are not home.

• Dog is like your best friend it's family too you shouldn't let it go because someone you love gave it to you. It doesn't even matter just keep it , it's like your best friend

• Whoever turns out to be a better cook 😉💕 If it happens to me, I'd surely win and get to keep the dog 😇💖

• it depends.
    if #1 gives #2 the dog as a present, it's #2's dog,
    if they both adopt it together then someone has to compromise.

• Depends on who the dog likes more. But if you're pretty much equally involved then it's gotta be shared custody. But really the one who cares for him the most.

• It varies with every relationship. It depends on who cares for the dog more, who wanted the dog, and many other things.

• I guess whoever takes more care of the dog and has more time to look after him.

• Who ever can best provide for the dog. My boyfriend is always away for work so I would probably take the hypothetical dog because I am home every night.

• The one who can give it the best home and care. Unless it was there dog before the relationship. My pets are always going to be mine. At least the ones I got now

• Whoever looks after it most. If the responsibility was split 50/50 then maybe share the dog?

• My husband and I have an agreement about our future children and pets, that whoever calls off the relationship leaves with nothing.

• what if the reason for breaking up is the other person's fault? hypothetically like cheating and the other person finds out and breaks up with them

• the way I see it is you're saying there is zero chance of you two breaking up so you're unable to answer the hypothetical question objectively.

• Obviously I can't answer these questions objectively since I am a part of this. My husband and I are best friends, we communicate a lot and work very well together. We are both determined to work hard to make our marriage work for us both, that's all there is to it.

• The one that walks it, feeds it, cuddles it... etc... so.. me :)

• The one that can make time for it and take care of it. A dog will get depressed without human contact.

• We don't have a dog right now. We have a cat, though. If we were to part ways Franki (the cat) would come with me. I found her in my family's barn as a kitten and more or less just informed him that he was now a cat-dad.

We were dating at the time and now we're engaged - have never lived together. Franki lives with me. When we marry we will live together and Franki will come too.

My sister (being the gem that she is) asked him who got the cat if we broke up and he said I did.

Not sure how it'd go down if we parted ways after adopting a dog.

• I don't know. In my last relationship, the dog was his. But I was the one who took care of her... She ended up being more attached to me... I still miss her...

• Get a new dog. Gotta move on. Soooo many other cute dogs you could become attached too. Be the bigger person, and move on. Shows your maturity, and makes you seem kinder. Give her one last good impression of yourself. Be the bigger person.

• The one who bought the dog, or who owned it before you started dating

• Me. I'm the dog lover. I mean I don't know, It would be hard to ever deal with this because my soul needs dogs :/ so I don't know

• Whoever suggested that the 2 should get the dog, should be the one to keep it

• Either whoever the dog likes more, or whoever put more effort into the dog (vet, exercise, general health)

• Show more from Girls
    67

What Guys Said 190