Who keeps the dog after a breakup?

0|4

Most Helpful Guy

• The couple should make a rational decision, based upon with whom the dog has bonded the strongest and whose future living arrangements would be most suited to a dog.
    When my last cohabitation situation ended, I got custody of the cat.
    There was a mutual loathing between the human female and the cat.
    He showed himself to be a much better judge of character than I was.
    I learned to not trust anyone who did not like cats, or whom cats did not like.

4|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 107

What Guys Said 189

• Neither. Kill it. Now if you thought that's cruel remember you're killing it by making it not see the other. You selfish dogs

0|0
    2|1
  • It doesn't matter because the legal system will most likely be in favor of the female in a traditional relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah children, dogs / pets are properties who don't have a right to either choice or freedom

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really have an opinion on this but from what I've seen whoever did get the dog ends up leaving the dog with their parents at some point LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • The one that the dog likes the most and also the one who is most likely to give the dog the better home.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion it has to be in the Best interest of the dog. The one that keeps the dog is the one who is emotionally and financially stable.

0|0
    0|0
  • You clearly wish I was far for some reason. You like big men? Nothing wrong with that at all, I'm just not your type of so. I'm FAR from fat... LOL.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoever is willing to really take good care of the dog. Dogs should have a single owner. It usually is like that. So that person should take her. ๐Ÿ˜‰

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoever had it to start with, paid the money for it, or spent the time bonding with it- best of those three keeps it, and if it's a tie, both of you get rid of the dog and get hamsters.

0|0
    0|0
  • Every dog had a person. Dogs will be friendly with most people but share a strong bond with only one. So the best thing for the dog is let it stay with whomever it's bonded with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whatever's best for the dog ๐Ÿถ And who can provide what is best it can be thought to settle almost like kids

0|0
    0|0
  • The dog owner. Whoever had the dog before the relationship. Or if it was bought during, whoever did most of the work (if they still want it.)

0|0
    0|0
  • A pet is like a child. There should visitation rights so you both can continue your relationship with Fluffy/Spike/Rex/whatever.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whichever person is willing to care for the dog and if that doesn't decide to whoever bought the dog originally.

0|0
    0|0
  • OK, this should be easy. Who feeds the dog. Who walks the dog? Who is staying at the residence the dog knows? Who bathes the dog? Are you both not fighting for the dog to spite the other? The last one is thrown into this because thats exactly what my ex did. We had three cats & 1 was found by me and literally I saved her life. I was keeping her and 2 were going with her. As soon as she got situated in her new room, she & her friend took the two cats back to the shelter! That got me angry & hurt all rolled into one. She never called me to get the cats! Thats evil.

1|0
    0|0
    • Did u get to adopt then back? by the way that was a selfish thing ur ex did to u if she didn't care for the cats she should have just let u keep them... some people๐Ÿ™„

• No, because her brother didn't get ahold of me until it was too late.

• you ever seen air bud with the clown and the kid and how they settle it in court? like that. let the dog choose bro

1|0
    0|0
  • You trade the dog for two cats and then both get a cat. Problem solved.

0|0
    1|1
  • Animals are single mastered , who ever the dog belongs to. The animal will ultimately let you know immediately.

1|0
    0|0
  • my ex did. probably what hurt the most out of everything. I'll never get another pet with a girlfriend until we marry

0|0
    0|0
  • Let the dog choose. In my case my cat chose me. Liked me best.

0|0
    0|0
  • me, no matter whos dog it is i get to keep all the dogs ๐Ÿ˜ give me your dogs!

1|1
    0|0
  • divide the dog into two parts take one part each... joking lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Who does the dog run to when you both call it's name? That's who gets the dog

2|0
    0|0
  • I have a dog... dog are best friends for all the persons.. whether there is a break up or not

0|0
    0|0
  • Who had them before the relationship or whomever will take better care of the dog/whomever the dog likes more

0|0
    0|0
  • I will keep it. I don't know both loyal to each other but the dog was.

0|0
    0|0
  • whoever has the closer connection to the dog, if you both have an equal connection then the woman unless she can't financially support it

0|0
    0|0
  • Tough one. I'd say the one who bought it in the first place... or the one who was taking care of it the most i guess?

0|0
    0|0
  • The one who give shelter food love & care to the dog are the one who should keep it , but I think I'll let the dog choose

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes