Who keeps the dog after a breakup?

107190

What Girls Said 107

What Guys Said 190

• I kept the cat, she always liked me more anyways. And I have a house where I can have animals, she didn't.

• whoever can take care of it the most and the best. who has the most space. generally the one who doesn't move.

• That is a difficult situation, to some pets are like their children, so then, the question becomes, dual custody, which requires more communication, that most of us don't want to take the time to convey.

• Depends who makes most money and have home. Yard. And can cover food cost. Vet care. And more. Like children owning a dog but children grown and can care for themselves after time. Dog stays sameish.

• I desperatly miss my dog after my breakup but because of problems it would be unfair for me to keep him

• Although a dog is man's best friend and is our comfort... I think the women should keep it just to make the man be more of a gentleman and not an asshole... or it can be shared... shared custody will work fine I think

• whoever bought the dog. If they both did than you might as well flip for it because other then that you'll both feel unsatisfied without the dog

• you both stand at opposite ends of a room and call it. repeat this six or seven times to see who it comes to more

• Assuming both have comparable living situations, the one the dog goes to when you both call it.

Otherwise, the one with a yard or space for the dog to run.

• I had to let my ex-wife take the dogs because she was moving into a house and I was just able to rent a room

• Neither. Kill it. Now if you thought that's cruel remember you're killing it by making it not see the other. You selfish dogs

• It doesn't matter because the legal system will most likely be in favor of the female in a traditional relationship.

• Yeah children, dogs / pets are properties who don't have a right to either choice or freedom

• I don't really have an opinion on this but from what I've seen whoever did get the dog ends up leaving the dog with their parents at some point LOL

• The one that the dog likes the most and also the one who is most likely to give the dog the better home.

• In my opinion it has to be in the Best interest of the dog. The one that keeps the dog is the one who is emotionally and financially stable.

• You clearly wish I was far for some reason. You like big men? Nothing wrong with that at all, I'm just not your type of so. I'm FAR from fat... LOL.

• Whoever is willing to really take good care of the dog. Dogs should have a single owner. It usually is like that. So that person should take her. 😉

• Whoever had it to start with, paid the money for it, or spent the time bonding with it- best of those three keeps it, and if it's a tie, both of you get rid of the dog and get hamsters.

• Every dog had a person. Dogs will be friendly with most people but share a strong bond with only one. So the best thing for the dog is let it stay with whomever it's bonded with.

• More from Guys
    150