How do you know when it's time to break up?

When would you say it's time to end a relationship?
What are the tell tale signs for you?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• When you make a post asking for when you think you should break up.
    That's a sarcastic answer, mind you.

Most Helpful Girl

• When you're no longer happy, the relationship doesn't seem to be progressing, you both want different things, you fight a lot, things like that.

What Guys Said 2

• lack of interest, or disrespect

• whenever you stop seeing a future together

What Girls Said 2

• If both people are unhappy and you've at least tried but failed to fix it

• what make you ask this question?
    about you and your current relationship?

• Yep... It's not that anythings wrong... it just doesn't feel right anymore. Like all the magic has gone and I feel like if I stay it's just going to be the same for the rest of my life. I feel like every day is the same, I'm just sat around waiting for something to happen and if I try to change anything he stops me. I feel... trapped.

• you live together?
      how long dating?

• We live together and have a 5-year-old son together. Been with each other almost 7 years now. Someone once told me "It sounds like you are only staying with him for security reasons." I honestly feel like this rings true. I never intended to stay so long anyway... I was sort of... staying with him until something better came along... and something kind of did come along but it wouldn't be possible to go out with him because he is taken anyway. Makes me kind of realise that maybe there is someone out there waiting for me... I feel like I just want someone who understands me better, and someone who isn't such a loner. I'm sick of doing everything by myself... I don't want to feel lonely anymore. He never wants to go with me when ever I go on a family day out with my mum, step dad and son. I've talked to him about it, about everything that bothers me... and he changes for a few days... puts in a little bit of effort... but then goes back to normal afterwards.